You Don't Have The Luxury To Act In Your Flesh

Gossip is not a substitute for justification.

28
Tumblr, Nicole Eddy

The Holy Spirit will speak ANYWHERE

We can never have the mindset that we are too close to Jesus, so much that we don't give the openness for Him to do a work in us. When I was driving to work on an ordinary day. I was thinking about how over the weekend how this situation more like a person was stressing me out. I had went to one of my close friends about the situation. As I was driving the Holy Spirit hit me with something. "When you gossip, you are trying to create justice for something that hasn't." That hit me so hard. It was so true.

This morning I was watching an online service of The RAMP. If you have seen my other articles you know that I love this place! Today Casey Doss, made an incredible point that goes along with my topic. He told the story like so: "Me and Lindsey would hear the kids yelling, so we would go find out what was going on. I would ask one of my daughters what she did and the very first thing that would come from her mouth was 'Well, Katie did .... so I ..."' I didn't ask what Katie did I asked what she did." So many times we like to have justification because of what the other did. We never will have the luxury to act in our flesh. Even if they sinned against you and hurt you, you have no right to sin as well. We all know the scripture from the Bible talking about not to judge anyone because you don't even know of the issues of your own.

Gossip is a silent killer. It kills the person that we talk about without them knowing or maybe they do know. The scarier thing, is that it kills the actual person doing it.

Sometimes we need to remember that God is the one that fights our battle for us. That no plan of the enemy will prosper, that all things work out for those who love God. Exodus 14:14 says The Lord will fight your battles for you, all you need to be is still. We need to trust that God is almighty and good. We can't try and handle things our self that are spiritual battles that only God can conquer. When it says to be still, it means that we need to be in prayer and openness during worship. Letting Him fill us up. So HE can guide us, NOT our flesh. Because there is a way that seems right to men, but leads to death.

No matter what situation you are in, sometimes there will be a time of justification. Sometimes, you have to breath in the air of peace. A peace that overcomes all understanding. Sometimes, you have to walk away in love, continue to love and hold your head high. Take note, one day everyone will stand before Jesus and give accordance.