Don't Forget Our Power As We The People

Don't Forget Our Power As We The People

If we don't come together, then we do fall apart.

21
Don't Forget Our Power As We The People
You Fashioned Elevated Living

We’re all seeing the talk, the celebrations, and the upsetting statuses on social networks. I haven't posted, shared, or even mentioned a single piece of my mind about this election on social media, let alone the source of most evil—Facebook until this day, because quite frankly I know what comes with it...the debates, the criticism, the unnecessary battles that one belief or opinion is right over another. But I am itching to simply say that I want peace. Isn't it terrifying that we have been pushing people away, being cruel to each other over this election before anyone was even elected? So many of us have been encouraging others to “just vote,” no matter who they chose, but then when the results were final, “just voting” wasn’t enough. There is one thing that I want to remind everyone of as the aggression escalates for many.

We, as the people of the United States, have the power and ability to still be kind to each other, accept each other, motivate each other. We the people have more power than we are remembering right now to make this country what we want it to be. The day we all turn on each other is the day we really lose. The day we believe one person is holding our strings and we are just puppets is the day we really lose. We all want to see change, but no one wants to make it happen. Lets stop bashing each other and move forward TOGETHER. I understand everyone is going to have their own individual feelings toward this election; some will hurt and some will cheer, but instead of allowing that to cause us to grow apart and segregate, we should grab hands in hopes that the future will look up.

Express your feelings, you have every right. Everyone wants to be understood and deserves to be, but ripping people apart and separating ourselves from others is exactly what we didn't want, so why are so many of us doing so? I am truly sorry for those of you so extremely worried and disappointed with this election. Truth is, my legs have been shaking out of pure nervousness all 400 plus days that the commercials, the phone calls, the signs have been taking place. And I’m still shaking, because no one knows exactly how the next four years will play out. You don’t. I don’t. Donald Trump doesn’t even really know because for those of you who have forgotten, we still have congress to pass his requests. He doesn't make the calls on his own. It's scary to think about our country being in anyone's hands, but it's in our hands too. It always has been, lets not forget that.

This isn’t the end of The United States. This is the beginning of a new journey and obstacles that we have to overcome, together. If we don’t come together, then we do fall apart, no matter who our president is. Please, at the end of the day remember that we make up this nation to its entirety. We are strong, and we are capable, we just have to be willing. I am willing to hold your hand if you’re willing to hold mine. We have to keep living for our sanity, our happiness, our nation. Together, we can.