Don't Count Out Gronk From Coming Back

Don't Count Out Gronk From Coming Back

While some may think Rob Gronkowski has hung up his cleats for good, I think he still has more left in the tank.

314

Rob Gronkowski, better known as "Gronk" former Patriots Tight End, announced his retirement at the end of this last season after the Patriots won the Super Bowl. Gronk's agent, Drew Rosenhaus told Peter King that it wouldn't shock him if Gronkowski decided to come back before the year is over. We have been made aware that the wear and tear on Gronk's body has worn him down through the years. However, maybe after several months off for some R&R;, he might be persuaded to come back sometime during next season.

At 29 years old, Rob is still very young so it wouldn't be out of the question to rule out a return to the NFL entirely. If Tom Brady is struggling without his big target and expresses this to Gronk, it would be a real possibility he would return to help out his former teammates.

We have seen it been done before, football players coming back to the NFL after retiring. The most recent of examples is Jason Witten, the former Pro-Bowler announced earlier this year he is coming back to the NFL after spending 1 year on Monday Night Football as an analyst.

Another recent example is Marshawn Lynch, the running back retired at 29 years old which is longer than the usual shelf life of most running backs in the NFL. After retirement, he requested that the Seattle Seahawks trade his rights to the Raiders so he could come back to the NFL but with a new uniform.

Of course, Gronk is enjoying his retirement as of now, he definitely has the personality of the life of the party. It's not uncommon to see videos of him dancing of at parties on different platforms of social media.

While I don't like the Patriots, and how annoying it was to see Brady and Gronk march down the field, he was a top-tier athlete. Gronk made a great decision to go out after a Super Bowl win, and seeing his competitive nature, I don't think he would have it any other way. We will have to wait and see, but I think there is a real chance that we haven't seen the last of Gronk suiting up and taking the field.