Don't Change The Way You Love

Don't Change The Way You Love

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." – Barbara de Angelis

988
Don't Change The Way You Love

I for one can say that I have a huge heart.

I've always been the one to be heartbroken rather than the heart breaker.

Of course I sat back and thought about the things that I do when I get into relationships.

Am I too needy? Do I want everything to go my way? Am I spoiled? Do I nag?

I mean every girl/guy has asked themselves these questions.

Sheesh. I ask myself these questions on a daily basis.

But I know when things go left or you're the one that gets left, you think that you did something wrong.

Well I'm here to tell you that's not always the case. You gotta understand that everyone that you come across isn't meant for you to date or for you to give your love to.

Just because they're cute, nice, or whatever else doesn't mean they are for you.

Some people are there just to get you ready for the next person that is going to come into your life.

I always say this, but I think there's a reason why I've only dated one guy.

I've realized that I'm not for everybody. I would get so close to dating someone then something would go left. I'm glad it went left. It saved me heartache.

We have to start looking at things like that. I know I do.

There's this quote that I found on Instagram. The account is "iamhertribe." I have no clue how I found it, but it's on another level of deep.

The quote says, "More love is my solution. I do not know how to love in moderation. My heart breathes a gentle intensity." Wow.

That's me. I saw me while reading that quote. When I'm in the process of "maybe dating that person," I always tell them "I love hard."

Some take it lightly. Some just ignore it. Like my other article said, "People will usually tell you who they are."

I'm basically telling them, "Listen, I don't take dating lightly."

Which is true, I don't take it lightly. Doesn't mean that I'm going to marry you tomorrow, but I'm the real deal. Always have been, always will be. I love to love. I'm all in. If I date you, it's because I see it as long-term and not for convenience.

Some people casually date. I just couldn't find myself to do that. I like focusing on one person and one person only. Some people like focusing on many. I mean go right ahead and do your thing, but don't come my way if you aren't going to be serious.

That's why you have to be upfront with what you want and why you want it.

Don't change why you want it just because the other person doesn't want the same thing. Just mosey on along and keep it the same (as in what you want with that person).

When I love, I go all in. I mean isn't that how you're supposed to do it. You don't want to half way love someone. No, it's not cute. It's a huge turn-off.

Go all in for that person, but don't put them on a high-horse. You gotta save that special spot in your heart for God. I'll explain more of that in another article.

Don't be afraid to be "annoying." Don't be afraid to "care." Don't be afraid to fall in love. Love with no limitations. You have to take chances in life. Love is one of them.

The biggest risk you can take in life is not taking a risk.

If someone doesn't accept your love, then hey, that's them. I just don't want you to change it. I don't want you to change the way you love.

There's someone out there that will accept your love as is.

I remember my spiritual mother telling me this: "You are who you are for a reason and don't let anyone change you."

From that day on, I stopped trying to change Brandy Blige in order to please the other person or in order to fit into their world. Stay you and the right people will fall in place.

On that note, I leave this article with an inspirational passage for people with good hearts by Najwa Zebian.

"Here's the thing about people with good hearts. They give you excuses when you don't explain yourself. They accept apologies you don't give. They see the best in you when you don't need them. At your worst, they lift you up, even if it means putting their priorities aside. The word "busy" doesn't exist in their dictionary. They make time, even when you don't. And you wonder why they're the most caring people. You wonder why their existence is not essential to your well-being. It's because they don't make you work hard the attention they give you. They accept the love they think they've earned and you accept the love you think you're entitled to. Let me tell you something. Fear the day when a good heart gives up on you. Our skies don't become gray out of no where. Our sunshine does not allow the darkness to take for no reason. A heart does not turn cold unless it's been treated with coldness for a while."