Never Change Who You Are

Never Change Who You Are

Don't compromise yourself for someone else.

703
Never Change Who You Are
Flickr

We are all unique, with our own likes and dislikes. Our morals and personalities are what make us who we are. We all were created in our own ways, so why would we compromise ourselves for any reason? Why would we take our completely perfect masterpiece and turn it into a copied piece?

Growing up and going through middle school and high school can be hard. There always seems to be a certain type of people who fall into the "popular" category. The girls with the certain hair and clothes. The guys with the perfect shoes and athletic abilities. It's easy to begin to feel the need to change who you are to fit into these certain groups.

Here's the thing, we are all different. No matter what anyone tries to do there is no way to mold everyone to be the same. It may seem like all the popular kids are the exact same, wearing the same clothes and styling their hair the same way. It may seem impossible to be like them, however, they aren't the same. It is impossible to purchase personality, the most important thing about a person.

You are perfect the way you are. You are unique, funny, and special to many of those around you. The way you dance around your room in the morning getting ready and the way you tell jokes are things that are unique to you. All of the things that make you "different" from those around you are actually the things that make you so special. No one likes to buy a shirt that everyone else has, so why would you conform yourself to how everyone else is? You loose your value and take away everything that makes you so rare to others.

If someone ever tells you to change something about yourself, ignore them. If someone doesn't like you for the way you act or the jokes you make, forget them. You are worth more than gold, you are who you are because the creator intended you to be that way. Don't change the way the creator made you because someone doesn't agree with your style.

So, be you. Don't be afraid to let the real you shine. Be open and weird, not quiet and put together because others asked you to. Be the one that stands out in the crowd instead of the one that is a copied and pasted version of everyone else. Stand up for who you are and were created to be. Never let anyone conform you into what society sees as worthy and loved because even with the disproval of some you are completely and wonderfully made to be who you are. No one can replace you, so don't try to replace yourself.

As the wise Dr.Seuss said, "Today you are you, and that's truer than true. There's no one alive who is youer than you!"