6 Reasons You Should Donate Plasma At BioLife

Save a life at BioLife.

3257
Health Blog
BioLife Plasma Services is an industry leader in the collection of high-quality plasma that is processed into life-saving plasma-based therapies.*

Their Mission:

"To provide the highest-quality plasma to meet the expectations of our customers, ensuring the availability of life-saving therapies for patients."*

Their Vision:

"To be the leading plasma supply company in the world by continuously improving, to ensure:

• Every employee is valued and a fully engaged member of our team
• Every donor is recognized for his or her contribution and given exceptional service
• Every process is innovative and efficient
• Every customer is delighted with our performance"*

Here are six reasons why you should consider donating plasma to BioLife

1. It's incredibly safe

Donating plasma is a low-risk procedure with minimal or no side effects. Sterilized tools are used and disposable equipment that comes in contact with your blood is discarded.

BioLife gives physicals and asks extensive medical history questions before you're even considered as a donor. They test your blood and make sure you're healthy before every donation. Trained medical assistants monitor you during the entire donation process and specialized machines constantly check for significant changes in blood to prevent clotting.

2. You save lives

Plasma can only be obtained by donors like you and me, and Plasma cannot be artificially produced in a laboratory. Plasma donated at BioLife is used to aid thousands of people every single day. Plasma based products can be used to treat patients with serious medical disorders such as hemophilia and immune system deficiencies. Hospitals also use plasma-based therapeutics to treat burn related injuries.

3. You get paid for every donation

The compensation is a big influence for many donors. At BioLife, you receive a debit card that automatically updates after each session that can be used almost anywhere. You don't have to pay for a subscription or anything, but you will be charged if you lose it, try to spend money you don't have on your card, or for other small fees like ATM transactions or reactivation after the card is not used.

Plasma can be donated up to twice a week since you are not donating all of your blood. BioLife takes your plasma and gives you back the red blood cells so you don't leave feeling drained, dizzy, or sick.BioLife Plasma Services offers donors $20 for their first donation of the week and $50 the next visit that same week. Plus, there are sometimes special deals that are offered throughout the year such as a $100 bonus if you refer a friend or a $30 bonus if you donate 7 times in one month.

4. It's incredibly easy

After your first couple visits the whole process of checking in and donating should only take about an hour. You can donate once or twice a week at whatever time is convenient for you. All you have to do is schedule an appointment online and show up for your designated donation time. They walk you through all the steps and the only thing you really have to do is squeeze a stress ball to get the blood flowing.

5. It encourages you to practice healthy habits

In order for you to successfully donate, your blood is tested and held to specific medical standards to ensure safety for you and the lucky patient receiving your plasma. You must have good levels of key nutrients like iron and eating healthy meals full of protein before donating is crucial. You also have to stay extremely hydrated throughout the day.

6. It's a clean, professional, friendly environment

BioLife is extremely welcoming. They want you to be there and will go out of their way to make sure you are feeling comfortable during your time donating. All staff members are trained health professionals and can answer any questions you may have throughout any step of the process. The entire facility is clean and organized and the friendly staff will take care of you the entire time.

*This article was not commissioned or sponsored by BioLife in any way. All opinions are my own but some information is taken straight form the website, pamphlets, Facebook page, and personal experience. For more information about BioLife please visit their official website. https://biolifeplasma.com/us/#/