Donald Trump: The Populist Molotov Cocktail Of Anti-Establishmentarianism

"Fire in the hole!"- Joey Vazquez

26

"The problems we face now - poverty and violence at home, war and destruction abroad - will last only as long as we continue relying on the same politicians who created them in the first place." - Donald Trump, President-elect of the United States of America

It goes without saying that Donald Trump's victory on November 8th, 2016 was a complete and historic referendum against the establishment politics that have seemed to have infiltrated nearly every aspect of government over the past eight years.

From the national debt, to the foreign policy crisis, to the severe mistreatment of veterans, to severely bloated bureaucracy interventionist policies, to an extremely over complicated tax code, to the extending hands of executive into the free hand of the market, to disastrous trade deals that have off-shored American businesses, to ISIS and radical Islamic terrorism, to national security, to nationalized healthcare, to federal gun control pushes, to anti-religious freedom initiatives, to out of control illegal immigration.

The American people delivered a resounding rebuke in the ballot box by electing a candidate from a pool of 17 Republicans whom many have likened to a molotov cocktail being thrown into the entire system to blow it sky-high.

Donald Trump came into this election as the anti-establishment provocateur and ran a campaign that many deemed to be brutal, unrelenting, politically incorrect and populistic.

In what was predicted to be a "case in point" defeat for Trump's campaign against the notorious former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump managed to tap into the hidden resentment of the silent majority of the socialist trends of the federal government and the stripping away of liberty and rise in an Electoral College victory of historic proportions (Donald Trump: 306, Hillary Clinton: 232).

The mantra he popularized, "Make America Great Again", resonated with American workers and citizens within the Rust belt states that have watched corporations and manufacturing jobs moving businesses overseas and putting people out of work into unemployment along with watching a government trying continually to make the constituency dependent upon taxation for government-assistance.

With an economy that has remained relatively stagnant for the past 8 years, with a current administration being the first to not see at least 3% growth, a bloated welfare state where more people are receiving government assistance than those that have full-time work, a national debt that is set to explode and a Labor Bureau statistic showing nearly 1/3 of Americans out of the workforce (approx. 95,000,000), the voters sought to elect a business mogul, with a long history of high-caliber business deals and who is not politically "savvy" as opposed to continuing a trend of massive government interventionism that pumps old wealth into the economy and that has established itself as fiscally irresponsible.

What makes America great is not the government that runs it, but the citizens that thrive in it and use their mastery of a diversity of crafts to ensure that American freedom is always protected, from the sector of economic innovation, to education, to leadership, to churches to the small business sector, to the charities and to our brave people serving in the Armed forces.

Donald Trump is not the first to coin the term "Make America Great Again" but he was indeed the only presidential candidate that seemed to recognize its sanctity. Only time will tell over the next four years if he is truly committed to the principles that made America great in the first place; these principles do not come from any elected politician and certainly not from any elected president.

One of the most iconic moments of his campaign (or movement I should say) was his illustrious Contract for the American Voter. In this "contract" he outlined his most dedicated commitments in what some conservative analysts are claiming to be the most "conservative" platform a candidate has ever run on since Ronald Reagan in 1980. As opposed to analyzing each of his policy positions, I feel it is rather appropriate to hear the policy proposals as spoken by the President-elect himself.

Contract for the American Voter:

“Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

• FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
  • SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
  • THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
  • FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
  • FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
  • SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following seven actions to protect American workers:

• FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
  • SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
  • THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
  • FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
  • FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
  • SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
  • SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

• FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
  • SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
  • THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
  • FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
  • FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

2. End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.” - Donald Trump

This platform has been met with severe criticisms in the establishment, which indicates that it actually is already shaking the foundations of Washington D.C.

His nominations to his cabinet and proactive approach to his new position in the highest political office in the United States have all proven indicators that he is serious about his agenda and that he plans to act on it swiftly in order to "drain the swamp" as most of his base have taken to chanting during his crowded rallies.

I'll admit, in the beginning of this election, I was vitriolic against Trump's candidacy from a conventional political analyst's standpoint. I criticized the way he was nominated in the RNC, his relatively liberal past; I was confounded at the rhetoric he used to make his points and by the conservatives that abandoned resolve to throw their lot in with the populist trend that saturated his candidacy.

But when I look at the movement he started and the conservatives that he has chosen to lead his administration, I could not help but take a second look into his bid for the presidency and realize that perhaps there is something more to Donald Trump than meets the eye and that maybe analyzing him and Election 2016 through traditional procedures could prove an error in judgement.

I thought there was no possible way for him to win the presidency, and the Lord knows I have never been more relieved to be wrong in my life, which is much more than I can say for the polling companies that put his chances of beating Hillary Clinton barely over 10%. But I realized that it was the people that won the day on November 8th and the ambiguous goal to Make America Great Again. Donald Trump awakened a sleeping giant that would orchestrate a historical event I never thought I would ever be able to see in this lifetime.

There is no doubt that Donald Trump loves this country and makes a point of stating of himself taking advantage of the freedoms given to him to be able to establish one of the largest companies in the world. Donald Trump has evolved from a being a bull in a China cabinet, to a President-elect that is determined to Make America Great Again.

It is now up to us, the American people, to hold him to account and ensure that he delivers on his promises to destroy the corruption, honor the debt, restore American influence in the world, free the American economy, deal in tough terms with our enemies and above all protect liberty. We have chosen our next President, and he has vowed to put a bulls-eye on the establishment, lets ensure that he keeps his word and accomplishes just that. Moreover, let us all GET TO WORK and utilize the freedoms given to us in this country to stand with President-elect Trump's vision to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

If we do this, we will definitely see liberty restored to this country and America will once again lead the world as the Beacon of Hope and Freedom.