10 Necessities You Can Snag At A Dollar Store Near You

We have all been sleeping on this for too long, folks.

265

I am a broke college kid with a bit too much pride, until recently, to even go to the dollar store. My mom goes there all the time for the random card or to get balloons or whatever but it is a whole untapped world in there. Don't wait until you're 50 to walk into one. Go now. Us college kids are on a budget and they have great deals; just make sure you know which store is what.

Places like Family Dollar and Dollar General have cheap prices but not always a dollar. Places like Dollar tree, though, they have everything for a dollar. Just make sure you know what to expect so you don't walk in and get surprised. All options are great though, 10/10 would recommend. Suck up your pride and go because there is NO SHAME IN THE DOLLAR STORE GAME!

1.  Balloons

Balloons for a dollar? I am not even talking about those dinky regular ones. I mean the big foil fancy balloons for A DOLLAR.

2.  School Supplies

Need pencils? Glue? Note book paper? Binders? Dry erase markers? Poster board? Shall I go on? It's all a dollar.

3.  Food Stuffs

They have a wide variety of name brand snackage as well as drinks all for a dollar. The best part? A majority of the smaller bottled soda is bigger than what you get out of a vending machine for like $1.50 on campus.

4.  Nail Polish

I haven't tried them out as an overall polish but they have some good glitters as well as nail polish remover, the same size as Target or whatever, for so much cheaper.

5.  Tupperware

You will always need Tupperware to keep your food but it sucks when it gets broken or lost. Replace it cheap from the dollar store. It won't matter that much if something happens to it.

6.  Party Wares

Need cards? A table cloth and corresponding decor? Cool, the dollar store has a whole section for that.

7.  China

They have mugs, glasses, jars, and vases coming out the wazoo. I picked up a couple of mugs to do a DIY sharpie mug and to also water marble. Perfect for crafting.

8.  Candy

I would much rather grab a big ol' box of Milk Duds from the dollar store than going to Walgreens and spending twice that.

9.  Lotion and Lip Balm

I got a name brand Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm from the dollar store and love it. You just have to look for good finds.

10.  Holiday Necessities

Around the holidays they always have wrapping paper, bows, ornaments, and decorations. Whether it is for an ugly sweater party or just to decorate, hit up the dollar store first. Also, it all goes half off after Christmas usually so *wink wink* go!