37 Things Doggos Mastered Before Hoomans

Let's face it: dogs are better than us in every imaginable way.

188

1. Embracing diversity

Abbey Brandt

2. Babysitting

Abbey Brandt

3. Defying gravity

Abbey Brandt

4. Taking up the entire bed

Abbey Brandt

5. Balance

Abbey Brandt

6. Yoga

Abbey Brandt

7. The element of surprise

Abbey Brandt

8. Storm preparation

Abbey Brandt

9. Transportation services

Abbey Brandt

10. Coaching

Abbey Brandt

11. Appreciating the great outdoors

Abbey Brandt

12. Natural beauty

Abbey Brandt

13. First day of school pictures

Abbey Brandt

14. College

Abbey Brandt

15. Prom

Abbey Brandt

16. Unconditional love

Abbey Brandt

17. Standing up to bullies (including geese)

Abbey Brandt

18. Giving undivided attention

Abbey Brandt

19. Making friends

Abbey Brandt

20. Napping

Abbey Brandt

21. The art of disguise

Abbey Brandt

22. Patriotism

Abbey Brandt

23. Blue Fridays

Abbey Brandt

24. Halloween

Abbey Brandt

25. Listening to directions

Abbey Brandt

26. Bravery

Abbey Brandt

27. Air, land, and sea navigation

Abbey Brandt

28. Bringing home the bacon

Abbey Brandt

29. Abiding by the law

Abbey Brandt

30. Mirror selfies

Abbey Brandt

31. Creativity

Abbey Brandt

32. Fitting into compact spaces

Abbey Brandt

33. Fiestas

Abbey Brandt

34. Making the nice list

Abbey Brandt

35. Good hygiene

Abbey Brandt

36. Team spirit

Abbey Brandt

37. Blocking out the haterz

Abbey Brandt

... And pretty much everything else.

11 Things Psychology Majors Hear That Drive Them Crazy

No pun intended.
8938

We've all been there. You're talking to a new acquaintance, or a friend of your parents, or whoever. And then, you get the dreaded question.

"So what are you studying in school?"

Cue the instant regret of picking Psychology as your major, solely for the fact that you are 99.9% likely to receive one of the slightly comical, slightly cliche, slightly annoying phrases listed below. Don't worry though, I've included some responses for you to use next time this comes up in conversation. Because it will.

Quick side note, these are all real-life remarks that I've gotten when I told people I was a psych major.

Here we go.

1. So are you, like, analyzing me right now?

Well, I wasn't. But yeah. Now I am.

2. Ugh so jealous! You picked the easy major.

"Lol" is all I have to say to this one. I'm gonna go write my 15-page paper on cognitive impairment. You have fun with your five college algebra problems, though!

3. So can you tell me what you think is wrong with me? *Shares entire life story*

Don't get me wrong; I love listening and helping people get through hard times. But we can save the story about how one time that one friend said that one slightly rude comment to you for later.

4. Well, s**t, I have to be careful what I say around you.

Relax, pal. I couldn't diagnose and/or institutionalize you even if I wanted to.

5. OMG! I have the perfect first client for you! *Proceeds to vent about ex-boyfriend or girlfriend*

Possible good response: simply nod your head the entire time, while actually secretly thinking about the Ben and Jerry's carton you're going to go home and demolish after this conversation ends.

6. So you must kind of be like, secretly insane or something to be into Psychology.

Option one: try and hide that you're offended. Option two: just go with it, throw a full-blown tantrum, and scare off this individual, thereby ending this painful conversation.

7. Oh. So you want to be a shrink?

First off, please. Stop. Calling. Therapists. Shrinks. Second, that's not a psych major's one and only job option.

8. You know you have to go to grad school if you ever want a job in Psychology.

Not completely true, for the record. But I am fully aware that I may have to spend up to seven more years of my life in school. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

9. So you... want to work with like... psychopaths?

Let's get serious and completely not-sarcastic for a second. First off, I take personal offense to this one. Having a mental illness does not classify you as a psycho, or not normal, or not deserving of being treated just like anyone else on the planet. Please stop using a handful of umbrella terms to label millions of wonderful individuals. It's not cool and not appreciated.

10. So can you, like, read my mind?

It actually might be fun to say yes to this one. Try it out and see what happens. Get back to me.

11. You must be a really emotional person to want to work in Psychology.

Psychology is more than about feeling happy, or sad, or angry. Psychology is about understanding the most complex thing to ever happen to us: our brain. How it works the way it does, why it works the way it does, and how we can better understand and communicate with this incredibly mysterious, incredibly vast organ in our tiny little skull. That's what psychology is.

So keep your head up, psychology majors, and don't let anyone discourage you about choosing, what is in my opinion, the coolest career field out there. The world needs more people like us.