The Type of Dog You Should Get, Based on Your Zodiac

What kind of dog will be by your side fur-ever?

28

Just like people, dogs have a multitude of different personalities, and behave differently depending on the type of person they are around, and their environment.

The four elements (air, water, fire, earth) of each zodiac represents energy within people, and each zodiac has their own group of common traits. I don't take astrology super seriously, but it's fun to look into it and learn about people's personalities. If you're looking into getting a dog as a companion, here are some recommendations, based on your sign and zodiac:

Water signs: Water signs are exceptionally emotional and ultra-sensitive, highly intuitive and they can be pretty mysterious. They love profound conversations and intimacy, and are always there to support their loved ones.

Pisces: February 19- March 20 (water) Pisces are dependent on the support of friends and family to achieve their goals. They are very social, and love to be surrounded with people. They have excellent intuition.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/images/breeds/215/large/63ce40f824f580b1bfda3231c2c04c19.jpg

Recommended Pup: Dachshund; If Dachshunds were people, they might be self-conscious because of their shape and size. They constantly look at their owners for permission in the way that Pisces will ask the people around them before they make any decisions. They are curious, playful, and social creatures.

Cancer: June 21- July 22 (water) Cancers are very adaptable, and they have strengths in loyalty and caring for others. They are reliable when their friends need them.

https://www.101dogbreeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Pictures-of-Beagles.jpg

Recommended Pup: Beagle; Beagles are always up for anything, and do well in most types of environments, so they are adaptable like Cancers. They often just want companionship, and (like 99% of all dogs) they are loyal to their owners.

Scorpio: October 23- November 21(water) Scorpios are self-sufficient and determined when they have an end-game in mind. They pay attention to the smallest details, and are known for being resourceful. They are very creative, and are usually extremely successful in whatever they want to accomplish.

https://cdn3-www.dogtime.com/assets/uploads/gallery/rottweiler-puppies/rottweiler-puppy-4.jpg

Recommended Pup: Rottweiler; Often times, people are put off by Rottweilers' hard exterior, but they are actually very sensitive dogs. They are affectionate, intelligent and driven, just like Scorpios.

Fire Signs: Fire signs are passionate, dynamic, and temperamental. They anger quickly, but they also forgive easily. They are physically very strong and are a source of inspiration for others. Fire signs are intelligent, self-aware, creative and idealistic people, always ready for action

Aries: March 21- April 19 (Fire) Arians are known to be independent individuals. They are generous, courageous, and positive. Because they are positive, they tend to be successful in whatever they put their minds to accomplishing.

https://sasscer.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/image33.jpg

Recommended Pup: German Shepherd; I think that this is the most predictable one, because German Shepherds, like Arians, are a bit temperamental and independent. But they are dependable when you need them, and are loyal to their owners.

Leo: July 23- August 22 (Fire) Leos are very confident in what they can do. They are pretty independent, but are also generous in their friendships or relationships. They are known for being dramatic, and they crave a lot of praise and attention from those around them.

https://www.pawculture.com/breed-basics/dog-breeds/miniature-poodle/

Recommended Pup: Poodle; Poodles are extremely confident dogs, and may sometimes come off as a bit mean. But they are clever, have a certain kind of awareness of their surroundings, and are naturally active but calm dogs.

Sagittarius: November 22- December 21 (fire) Sagittarians love adventure and are always ready to try new things. They are good at seeing things through to the end, and are rather easy-going individuals.

https://www.orvis.com/labrador-retriever

Recommended Pup: Labrador Retriever; Labrador Retrievers tend to be outgoing and friendly, just like Sagittarians. Labs also love to go on adventures, they have a lot of energy, and overall are usually easy-going and very happy dogs.

Earth signs: Earth signs are "grounded" and they bring us down to earth. They are mostly conservative and realistic, but they can also be very emotional. They are connected to our material reality and can be turned to material goods. They are practical, loyal and stable and they stick by their people through hard times

Taurus: April 20- May 20 (Earth) Taureans are patient and generous with others. They are loyal, and often make a great team leader, but also know how to make a great follower. Taureans love to meet new people and make new friends, and they are always ready for an adventure.

https://cdn.orvis.com/images/DBS_GoldRetriever_1280.jpg

Recommended Pup: Golden Retriever; Golden Retrievers are down to go wherever you go. They are loved by everyone, know how to adapt in different situations, and are loyal to a fault. They make confident leaders, but also can play follower if the situation calls for it.

Virgo: August 23- September 22 (Earth) Virgos like to do things on their own, and always have to make sure that their work is right. They are perfectionists by nature, and may often overanalyze what they do. They also like to be there to support other people.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1133/5028/files/CAVALIER-KING-CHARLES-SPANIELS_b8433b38-1bdb-456a-a0c4-ff331778158e.jpg?v=1485475220

Recommended Pup: King Charles Cavalier; This is an interesting match, but I feel like these two personalities would get along great. Cavaliers are dependent and don't like to be left alone. They can be pretty stubborn if they don't want to do something, but they will be your biggest cuddle buddy and supporter when you've had a bad day.

Capricorn: December 22- January 19 (Earth) Capricorns are very independent and prefer to do things on his or her own. They are great at putting their feelings away and listening to the people they care about, when they are needed. They are ambitious, goal-oriented, and naturally good at leading.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/images/breeds/5/large/8124642d1eda160c9d25e7316fc2eae2.jpg

Recommended Pup: Bulldog; I debated this one for a while, but I feel like a Cap and a Bulldog are a good mix, because they are both loyal by nature. They both may seem hard on the outside, but they just want you to love them and pay them attention before they reveal their soft insides.

Air Signs: Air signs are rational, social, and love communication and relationships with other people. They are thinkers, friendly, intellectual, communicative and analytical. They love philosophical discussions, social gatherings and good books. They enjoy giving advice, but they can also be very superficial.

Aquarius: January 20- February 18 (Air) Aquarians are wild, and are known for doing what they want when they want to (sounds like me, yes!). They are smart and creative, and love to learn new things.

https://gfp-2a3tnpzj.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Yorkshire-Terrier-e1540580455806.jpg

Recommended Pup: Yorkshire Terrier; Yorkies are smart in the things that matter to dogs. They are pretty independent, and have a spunky personality, just like Aquarians. Yorkies are fun to be around, and can be loud for their small size.

Gemini: May 21- June 20 (Air) Gemini are independent individuals, and they do not like to be controlled. They tend to be good at multitasking, and they need to be stimulated by new things and experiences all the time to stay inspired.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/dog-breeds/chihuahua/

Recommended Pup: Chihuahua; Chihuahuas are naturally friendly, but are suspicious of their surroundings, so they are also pretty independent, and don't like to be controlled (like Gemini). They are energetic, like to explore new places, and their large personality makes up for their small size.

Libra: September 23- October 22 (Air) Libras thrive when they are surrounded by other people. They like to stay positive and look on the brighter side when things go wrong. They are focused and decisive about what they want to do, and aren't afraid of going after their goals.

http://blog.alldogboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/boxer-dog.jpg

Recommended Pup: Boxer; Boxers are known for being very protective of their owners, just like Libras are of their friends. You want the Boxer on your side, and not against you. They are intelligent, playful, and expressive of their thoughts, just like Libras.