6 Reasons You Should Get A FURever Best Friend And Become A Dog Owner

Being a dog owner is worth every minute.

92
Caroline Cook

For all the people out there who are debating on whether to become a new fur parent, the debate is over! Here are reasons as to why you won’t regret owning a dog!

1. You get an unbreakable bond.

When people say “a dog is a man/woman's best friend” they aren’t kidding. Owning a dog is for sure a great amount of work, however, it is beyond worth it. Whether you get your dog when they are first born or when they are already grown you will develop a greater bond than you think. Being able to raise a living, breathing thing that you get to call all yours is a new experience worth doing. Your dog will become the one you look forward to seeing after a long day of school/work/etc. They sense your feelings and can almost 99% of the time be there to cheer you up.

2. They are dependable.

You are the reason your dog is so happy. You give them a nice home, food, water, and love. Therefore, they love you no matter what. They are going to be there to greet you in the morning, sleep with you at night, and comfort you when you’re sad. All they want is to be your best friend.

3. Lessons

Being a new fur owner is not easy. Yes, there are the definite pros to owning a dog but there are also difficult times. The training, cleaning up after them, patience, hard work, and dedication you have to give to your dog is something that is not always simple. However, doing all of these things teach you lessons you don’t even realize you’re learning. Owning a dog teaches you how to take care of something other than yourself. It teaches you responsibility and commitment. Committing to owning a dog is huge but worth it.

4. They're good for your health.

Having a dog can be good for your health in so many ways. Say you’re trying to be active and want to go on a run… take your dog with you! You always have a running buddy by your side. If your job or school work is stressing you out… cuddle with your furry friend. The majority of the time this will calm you down and leave you with some peace. Get involved with other dog lovers and meet new people in the community. Coming together and having puppy play dates is definitely good for not only your dog but for you as well.

5. They're protective.

Dogs can be the best guard you’ll ever have. If you live alone, owning a dog can be the best sense of comfort. Dogs are always aware and seem to have a sense for the bad juju that comes your way. They will alert/warn you of anything sketchy. Having a dog will make you feel more safe and protected.

6. There's never a dull moment.

When owning a dog you are never going to have a dull moment. If you need a little more excitement in your life then I highly suggest becoming a new fur parent. Sometimes the excitement may not always be good (especially during the potty training stage), nonetheless you are always going to have something to do. Dogs will make you laugh, frustrated, happy, appreciative, and everything in between. But being a dog owner myself, I definitely recommend getting a FURever friend.