Why Your Dog Is Your Bestfriend

Why Your Dog Is Your Bestfriend

They give us endless love and support, make us laugh, and are the most loyal companions.

381
Haley Daffron

There are countless reasons why dogs are one of the best creature’s we humans will ever have contact with. Dog parents across the board will agree that their dog(s) are their best friends. They give us endless love and support, make us laugh, and are the most loyal companions. Just to give those who don’t have the gift of a dog in their life an idea, here are some reasons why dogs are the best and will always be our best friends.

Endless love

Dogs give endless love and almost everything we do thrills them! They’re always excited to see us, always. The excitement I receive when I walk through the door, whether I’ve been gone for 20 minutes or 2 hours, is beyond what I deserve. There is so much joy and if your dog is like mine, they may even pee a little when they greet you at the door.

However, this is just one of many ways that they show us their love. Often, they show their love for us by stealing our covers from us at 3 a.m. and then snuggling up next to us like a small child would. Sometimes, the love is delivered by constantly dropping toys on your laptop while you’re writing, barking when they’re is a potential intruder at the door, and so much more. They’re just trying to love us!

You comfort one another

Nobody is going to see you genuinely at your best and at your complete worst like your dog does (maybe your future or current spouse). Your dog is there for it all. When you cry, your dog is always there to comfort you.

Even if that means sitting on top of you until you stop. Resting their head on you. Or if it's my dog, sticking their nose in your face until you stop and then snuggling you. They’re even there for the times when you’re mad. Nothing can calm a red-hot rage more than having your dog rub up next to you with their stuffed animal for play time and love.

Not to mention, you’ll always be the one your dog runs to when they’re scared at the dog park or the vet. And, you’ll always be the one who gives the belly rubs when they’re not feeling well. It’s a bond like no other.

You learn from each other

It may sound cheesy to say, but it’s true - we learn from our dogs. For instance, nothing says growing up like having to take care of another life, even if that other life is a dog. From the feedings and constant walks, your dog teaches you to get on a schedule - what best friend can ensure your butt is on a schedule and becoming more self-disciplined?

Not to mention, as common sense would have it, our dogs learn from us. They pick up on our personalities and mimic them in their dog ways. We teach them to sit, stay, and lay. But most importantly we teach each other how to love another living being unconditionally. Even when they have an accident in the floor in the middle of the night, despite being house-broke, we still love them.

We really do have so much to be grateful for when it comes to having dogs as pets. The love, support, and growing that comes with a dog is one of the greatest experiences in life. They truly are a humans best friend. So, go out and give your dog(s) (or a dog) some extra love, they deserve it!