How Does Your Heart Change?

How Does Your Heart Change?

9
How Does Your Heart Change?
www.newlovewallpapers.com

Recently I've gained an interest in how poetry or music or art, but especially those encompassing language, can change a person's mind, or if they can. Specifically in the context of romance, a concept my brain seems to cling to is a lover of mine having a change of heart by coming into contact with language that touches them or makes them view me and our relationship differently. I wonder if such things happen outside of storybooks, or if this is my imagination clinging to a semblance of renewal. It is always fascinating to me what provokes someone to rethink their feelings-- if feelings can even be thought.

For example, I love the thought of mustering up the courage to sing in front of someone, or better yet them just stumbling into me singing, and in that moment their feelings register or resurface in an undeniable way. I wonder if it takes a certain type of person to be touched by such things. Everyone has to be capable of having a change of heart in some way. So what provokes them? For me, it is language, but for others, it could be appearance, or jealousy, or any number of things that makes them reflect on who and what they desire.

And though the thought of these moments are romantic to me, I recognize how terribly wrong they could turn. Feelings are not rational, we can not force our hearts to point in any certain direction, so what someone could find charming or think of as admirable, another could be oblivious too, or creeped out by. That's why as fun as these change of heart scenarios sound, you can't bank on them because they have to fall within the universe's plan.

So even though it's great to daydream about some boy sitting in a coffee shop and reading a book that reminds them of us and suddenly he can't get his mind off of me, lord knows that's not always reality. But someday it will be. I truly believe there is someone out there for each of us that would cross oceans to be with you. That circumstance may push you away from but intention always pull you back together. And they still won't be able to grasp their feelings, but everything will feel like a piece of you, and in their heart they'll know without necessarily understanding.