Does The Toliet Paper Roll Go Over Or Under?

Well obviously it goes over

110
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/02/6365317665203144611310347552_Toilet_paper_orientation_over-under.jpg

Alright people, I know this has been a topic in the past, but for some reason lately it has come back into conversation way too many times. So, I believe it is time to readdress this controversial question: does the toilet paper roll go over or under?

I have asked many people in the past week and I have gotten a wide variety of results, some more passionate than others. Those who believed it goes under were the most passionate about their answer. By putting it under you are able to pull with a solid momentum to get the most amount of paper in the least amount of time.

Those who said "over" are the ones who believe more in convenience. Most of the reasons for their preference were that it is easier to tear when it is from the top than the bottom, and you are less likely to have the paper touch the floor. Regardless of your personal preference though, there is a correct answer to this question. The answer has been under our noses for over 100 years now.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, people, but the roll of paper most definitely goes over, and here is the proof.

Drum roll please...

According to this diagram from 1891, it most definitely goes over. S. Wheeler is one of the inventors of the toilet paper roll, and this is his model as to how it should work. Therefore, there is no longer a debate to be had. I am very sorry to all of those that believe that the roll goes under, but facts are facts. Case closed.