I Want To Documentary And Chill

I Want To Documentary And Chill

You might as well learn something while your binge-watching.

47
I Want To Documentary And Chill
via: ytimg.com

I'm re-watching The Office for the third time. I know I should be applying for jobs or working out or being productive, but it's just so good. No matter how many times I've seen an episode I still find myself laughing my ass off alone in my bed.

But I realize that sometimes you need a break from binge watching TV shows on Netflix. You need a break from letting the next episode automatically play for four hours straight. My recommendation? Check out the documentary section.

I started getting into documentaries when I started drinking. I found that documentaries were the perfect thing to watch when you're miserably hungover. Something about seeing someone else's inspiring life story makes you feel less bad about your own. That being said, there were quite a few mornings I was hurting, thus I've seen quite a few documentaries. Here's my top eight. Do yourself a favor and educate your brain.

1. "180 Degrees South"

Caution this will make you want to stop whatever you're doing and become a world traveler. This film follows a man's journey to Patagonia. Along the way he meets up with the Patagonia and North Face owners. And yes they're just as cool as you would think they are.

2. "The Birth of Sake"

A beautifully shot movie that shows the passion and struggle that goes into making Sake. This film also shows the restrictions and customs found in Asian culture. Find out what goes into your Sake bombs.

3. "I Know that Voice"

Find out who exactly your favorite animated characters are. You'll be surprised that most women are voiced by men and most little kids are voiced by full grown women.

4. "Blackfish"

If you haven't seen this already, get ready to get pretty heated. Although the documentary is biased at times, it will make you rethink Sea World and captivity in general.

5. "Jiro Dreams of Sushi"

This is one of my favorite documentaries ever. Jiro is a world renowned sushi master, but looking at the humble old man you would never know. A beautiful movie about a man's humble life. If you only watch one of these films, make this one it.

6. "Do I Sound Gay?"

Educate yourself. After watching this movie I learned so much about how talking actually works. Turns out it's so much more than just speaking your mind. I spent about thirty minutes looking at myself in the mirror, trying to change the way I talk.

7. "Netflix's Chef's Table"

This is a series of spotlights on incredible chefs around the world. This Netflix original is exquisite. The beautiful shots of food will leave you starving. And the expertise storytelling will leave you enchanted.

8. "Undefeated"

Everyone, I mean everyone, loves a good underdog story. This film follows an unexpected highs school football team on it's way to victory. It's like a real life "Remember the Titans"

Throw these on during your next Netflix and Chill session and I promise you'll impress your significant other. And you'll learn something in the process. It's a win-win situation, my friend.