Do You Have Anxiety? Share These Videos With Your Loved Ones

For over 40 million adults annually in the U.S., anxiety is just part of life.

When you consider the stress factors associated with college, the stakes only grow. Anxiety is one of the most common mental health concerns among the population, in and out of the U.S.

Here are some of my favorite video resources to share with people who are curious about anxiety. It's helped not only my loved ones to understand it, but also people in my life who just want to learn more.

Mayim Bialik - How We're Making Our Kids More Anxious

Actress and Neuroscientist Dr. Mayim Bialik has not only charmed millions on The Big Bang Theory, but she also gives incredible, informative, and sometimes controversial talks on lifestyle, parenting, and more. Here, she explains how parenting can factor into a child's developmental mental health.

People With Anxiety Vs. Someone Without Anxiety - Authentic Mental Health

Simple explainer videos are a great way to help people visualize different scenarios and processes. In this video, we explore the friendship of Gemma and Diane, who have different day-to-day life experiences based on their individual mental health statuses. While some statements about the character Gemma may seem a bit far on the spectrum of anxiety (it's different for every individual), the overarching idea is relatable. It's not true that people with anxiety are NEVER happy, but being happy can sometimes be harder, depending on the person, their medication, family situations, etc.

13 Things People Don't Realize You Do Because of Your Anxiety - Psych2Go

Another simple visual explainer, this video explains some of the day-to-day behaviors people with anxiety might display. While not all people with anxiety suffer from all of these behaviors, the majority are relatable on some level. Even though it may seem like this video is targeted at people with anxiety themselves, it's a great way to explain anxiety to people who are less familiar with it.

If you're suffering from anxiety, know that you're not alone. Anxiety manifests in a lot of people, regardless of age, gender or socioeconomic status. The best way to tackle this condition is to seek out professional help, whatever level you're comfortable with. For some people, this may be a counselor or Psychiatrist, and for others, it may be their regular doctor or a guidance counselor. Counseling can even be done online now through a variety of services to make it more comfortable and convenient. Even if you just tell a friend or family member, I've found that dealing with anxiety is always easier with a support system.

No matter what, there are always people who will be there for you. You just have to let them know you need the support.

Share this resource and let me know what you think on Twitter @CarolineSaysSo!