5 Reasons Not To Fear Rejection

5 Reasons You Should Not Fear Rejection, From The Girl Who Was Afraid Of Being Rejected

Rejection hurts. It can make us spiral into thoughts that we didn't even know existed, deep down within us. But, rejection can also be incredibly eye-opening.

108

Rejection. It's just a word, yet it is rather terrifying to most people. Unwanted. Not good enough. Hopeless. Unworthy. Synonyms that echo from the simple word and cloud our minds when it comes our way.

Yet, rejection can be a good thing. Yes, you heard me right. In fact, I wouldn't be the strong person I am today if it hadn't of been for rejection. I mean think about it- could you imagine you were successful in every part of your life? What would you learn? How would you grow? Where would your strength develop?

Rejection hurts. It can make us spiral into thoughts that we didn't even know existed, deep down within us. But, rejection can also be incredibly eye-opening. It can source a strength within is. It can break boundaries and walls we unknowingly have in our bodies. It can free us and allow us to fly.

Here's why we shouldn't be afraid of rejection:

1. People who reject us have their own issues to battle

When people reject us or decide they don't want to include us in their life, there is usually insecurity that lies within them. They may be intimidated of you, or fearful that you may be a threat to their social status. They may not want to accept what you have to offer because they simply are not in the right state to do so yet. They have their own battles they are facing, and they are afraid to let you in because they aren't ready to stand up to their Goliath yet.

2. Rejection allows us to examine ourselves more closely.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I am not chosen or forgotten about is: what is wrong with me? What can I fix? What can I change? Now, I am not saying you need to change anything, or fix anything. I am simply saying that this is where we need to dig down deep inside of us and stifle those thoughts so that we can pull confidence out of us that we may not have known existed. But, we are also not perfect humans, and maybe there are a few tweaks we can make to better ourselves. It's all about looking at ourselves more closely in a truthful and positive manner.

3. Rejection helps us strive to work harder.

I don't know about you- but when I am rejected or not chosen, a small fire builds inside of me and I am motivated to prove them wrong. A rejection from one person or one company or one publisher does not mean a rejection from everyone. 100 rejections, in fact, does not mean a rejection from everyone. All you need is one acceptance. One person, job, friend, publisher, etc.. to choose you. Keep striving. Keep working. It will come!

4. Rejection humbles us.

I think everyone should experience a form of rejection because it is truly a humbling thing. It almost makes you feel so small and child-like, that it brings back a grounding and a sobering state that allows you to take a breath and truly think about everything you are working for. Although it hurts, it is a great place to be. To look in the mirror and realize that you may have some things to work on. Or you may have to find that inner strength to shut the voices of fear. Or you need to tone down your cockiness. Whatever the motive may be, rejection finds a way to bring us back to a grounded state. I think we should all experience this. It will bring you places you could never imagine.

5. Rejection helps bring a restored strength and confidence.

We have two choices. We can let rejection bring us down and keep us there, or we can build confidence and strength within us and overcome it. For so long, I've gone with choice number one. But this year, I say no. Choice number two will be the only way to respond to rejection, and I cannot wait to see where it takes me. I will not let other people's opinions of me stand in the way of my hopes and dreams or God's plan for my life. I am capable. I am strong. I am resilient. I am enough. And so are you!

Of course, rejection hurts, but just as beauty is made from ashes, so can you rise and form a beautiful success story. Nearly every successful person has a failure they dealt with in the past. Don't let yours keep you down. Take it, mold it into wings, and fly.