5 DIY Fall Decorations Every Craft And Pumpkin Lover Needs

5 DIY Fall Decorations Every Craft And Pumpkin Lover Absolutely Needs To Have At Home This Season

If you decorate your house for fall, that will make it come faster, right?

25

The beginning of September means one thing: fall is just around the corner! Before you know it, the days will get shorter, the leaves will change color, and the sweaty days of summer will be behind us. Retailers will begin to roll out their best pumpkin and apple flavors, and it will be pure bliss.

Fall is just around the corner. Will you be ready for it, or will you be scrambling for decorations at the end of September? Live out your aesthetically pleasing dreams, and decorate every last inch of your house for the true most wonderful time of the year.

If you're like me, you cannot wait for fall, but sometimes mother nature takes her sweet time getting us to this beloved season (especially with global warming, you know what I'm saying?) My solution?

Decorate my room like it's fall, and then the weather will follow! With that, here are 5 fun ways to decorate for the best season of all starting easy and getting more difficult.

1. Fall Coloring Pages

@taracottasunrise

This is a great way to decorate for fall with other people or small children. There are loads of free coloring pages online with a quick google search. You can go low-key with crayons or colored pencils or go all the way with watercolor or markers.

You could spend 30 minutes or three hours on a coloring sheet. The choice is yours.

Once you're done with your masterpiece, cut off the excess, maybe put it in a random picture frame you have lying around, and hang it somewhere in your house!

Don't try to tell me you wouldn't love to see a charming Jack-O-Lantern as you arrive home from a long day.

Get all of your friends to do a few, then swap them out so you have fall decor all over your house.

2. Painting Pumpkins

Unsplash

I've never been a fan of carving pumpkins. It wasn't something I did as a kid, and I was never very good at it as a young adult.

Painting pumpkins? Now, that is something I can do.

You can do simply with some accent lines on the ridges of the pumpkin, or go the extra mile by treating the pumpkin as any other canvas. You can get pumpkins in all kinds of sizes, which makes them great for small accents in your living room or a large dining room centerpiece.

Painting pumpkins is also a great way to support local farmers because you could buy real pumpkins or fake pumpkins with this craft.

Many local farms have gift shops along with their products to help them pay the bills.

So, find a local farmers market or pumpkin patch and snag a pumpkin!

3. Construction Paper Tree

@learncraftgrow

This one is great if you are living in a dorm room or apartment complex as it doesn't require a lot of materials, and you can put it on the outside of your door.

All you need to do is tape lots of brown construction paper together to form one big piece, cut it into a tree-like shape, cut out leaves of varying colors, and tape them all together on your door.

It will require some planning as well as trial and error, but it can look really cool without a lot of effort.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can add details to the tree or the leaves to make them look more realistic. This one will definitely be a time investment, but it will last you all season long.

You can even add extra decorations to the tree as it gets fall holidays you celebrate.

For example, you can add a cornucopia harvest as it gets closer to Thanksgiving, or another option is to add a spooky skeleton once Halloween is so close you can smell it.

4. Fall Wreath

Unsplash

If you thought wreaths were just for the winter, think again! Any season goes better with a decorative wreath on the outside of your door.

Go to your nearest craft store, pick up a foam circle as well as some of your favorite fall greenery (sunflowers, zinnias, and oak leaves are mine!), and arrange them on the circle in whatever way you fancy.

You could glue them on with a hot glue gun or simply tape them with simple scotch tape.

If you're having trouble getting it to look just right, there are loads of tutorials online ranging all difficulty levels. This one definitely takes some planning and thinking, but I guarantee it will improve your day when you see your creation hanging outside your door.

Not to mention, it will make all your neighbors jealous!

5. DIY Painted Canvas

@_signs.by.mindy_

Since we are all supposed to be social distancing and inside anyway, this is a great time to grab a canvas and test your artistic ability. Use the traditional red, orange, and yellow or go for a cooler vibe with dark greens and navy blues.

You could paint a scarecrow in the landscape field, or maybe a crackling, dancing campfire with roasting marshmallows.

Whether you do something minimalistic or abstract, and all you have to do is imagine it.

This is the hardest decoration here mostly because it requires your creative energy, but if you put the work in, it will be worth it! If you're lacking inspiration, try Pinterest, or go window shopping at TJ Maxx.

Whatever you do, don't buy the overpriced "gather" canvas that's at least $60 when you can paint one yourself.