The Divine God And His Creations: Stepping Stones To Studying Scripture In Nature

How can God and Nature possibly help a Bible study?

32
MENNOKNIGHT

Ever felt distracted when trying to do a Bible study for personal growth? Well, Imagine reading the Bible with the wind blowing across your cheek, the sounds of the trees and birds chirping in your ear, and the soothing relaxation of water flowing in a nearby creek. This is the experience one will encounter while studying the Bible in nature. In Psalm 24:1-2, "The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the rivers." What better way to build a relationship with God than to spend a little time "alone" with what He has created?

When trying to enjoy the outside wonders of the world, there is an abundance of actions that can be taken to have superlative prosperity in the experience. Embracing comfort is one of the uttermost essential conditions to achieve. One may want to hang up a hammock, bring a blanket, or find a good tree to sit in. This ensures the maximum amount of attention is towards God instead of being distracted by bugs, dirt, and spiders. Though God created those creatures too, it is not likely something you want to come across while enjoying His company. Any kind of sunscreen or bug spray can also be beneficial.

After comfort has been established, it is time to distinguish your source of reading the Bible. I would not recommend using a phone for studying. This could lead to a monstrous distraction and take time away from God. What person would not want to play Angry Birds or Candy Crush in a peaceful environment like the woods? No one, most people enjoy endless games when "alone." Ushering a hard copy of authentic scripture is probably the best decision . There are fewer ways to have your brain skewed from God and more opportunities to bond with Him. There are not games to be discovered in a book, only the sweet symphony of knowledge. Different kinds of devotion books or study bibles may prove to be helpful, and also increase the amount of wisdom accompanied by the Bible.

Finally, the pleasant component can commence. Simple, relax and begin to read God's word, but also keep in mind you are outside. Not only should you learn more about the Bible, but also thank God for the climate that He surrounded you with. Take the time to become one with nature as well as one with the leader Himself. Being "alone" in the woods may build a better sense of amenity to where you can actually speak out loud and have a conversation with Him. I say "alone" because God is always with us no matter where we abscond. Furthermore, we should not misuse our time bewailing about the unchangeable ludicrous occurrences in our lives, but alternatively, seek the prevailing unambiguous delicacy of God and nature.