The Divided States Of America

The Divided States Of America

The most hateful country I have ever seen.

3
The Divided States Of America
South Florida Law Blog

Another mass casualty shooting happened in Orlando early Sunday morning, and it again has me wondering why I live in this country. The United States isn't the great country that we've grown up thinking it is; being told it is. We are falling apart from the inside and it's terrifying to watch.

We have an upcoming election in November and there's no way this country can get better. It's not even who's better or who's worse, it's the amount of hate toward anyone voting for the other. We see it at the rallies and on social media, people degrading anyone who doesn't agree with their opinion. There is so much hate in the United States. We hate foreigners, we hate immigrants, we hate any sort of change and we hate each other. I would say that another civil war is on the way, but I think it has already arrived.

Everyone is so stubborn. They can't admit when they're wrong and they can't take a step back and look to see if maybe the way that they don't believe is right might actually be what will help this country. There are no open minds, just stubborn minds. For example, there are so many people who think President Obama is the worst president to ever be in office, but Democrat or Republican, you can't deny what this man has done for our country. Obviously he's not going to do things that everyone agrees with, but look at the overall picture.

The worst part of it is, whether you like Obama, Clinton or Trump, there are many people who would rejoice in their assassinations, just because they don't see things the way that you do. They are still husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, but many Americans would throw a party if a human being was killed because they have different ideas of how to help our country. Is that really right? Is that really the way we should represent our country?

Everyone thinks that to solve a problem we should be violent. Why? Doesn't an eye for an eye make the whole world blind? This man was disgusted by two men kissing, so he thought "I'll just kill gay people." A student doesn't agree with a professors grade so he brings a gun to class. Someone doesn't share a belief so let's bomb someone.

Let me leave you with this:

I'm sick of praying. I'm sick of having to pray for cities after terror attack and mass shootings. I'm sick of having to pray for the victims of these tragedies. I'm sick of having to pray for the for the families who have lost their everything. I'm sick of having to pray for people who have to stay locked in their homes during riots. I'm sick of praying for police officers and unarmed children. I'm sick of having to pray for our troops. And I'm really sick of having to pray for our country. We need to do something. We are the United States, not the Divided States. We need to come together and help to solve the violence and hate in this country, because I am sure sick of praying.

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling