Distractions From This Confusing Election

What to do When our Country is Stressing us Out

18
Keyword Suggestions

This election year we face maybe one of the most confusing elections ever to take place. Whether you're angry and constantly engaging in debates on Facebook, or generally content with the candidates running for president, there's definitely at least some element of confusion and that confusion can lead to stress. Stress is bad. Don't be stressed. You may ask, "Mary, how can I not be stressed?" Easy. Just follow my advice and distract yourself from the election (that is after you go vote) so the waiting is as intense.

1. Netflix!

By far one of the easiest ways to de-stress is with some food and a show. Some new and popular things to watch on Netflix right now are:

Stranger Things

Arrested Development

New Girl

The Moon Embracing the Sun [one of my favorites!!]

2. Celebrate the Cubs winning the World Series!

Whether you're a Cubs fan or not, anyone can realize the significance of finally winning the world series after 108 years of bad luck. They deserve this, right? [Go Cubs Go! Chicago born and raised!]

3. Celebrate Christmas!

It's only November so we should be celebrating Thanksgiving? Nah. Though Thanksgiving is great, the beauty of Christmas needs more time to be celebrated than just one month [but hey, I would celebrate it all year if I could.]

You could listen to Christmas music such as:

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Pentatonix - Mary, Did You Know?

EXO - Christmas Day

Michael Bublé - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

While you're listening to these Christmas songs, sip your eggnog, put on your Christmas socks [which you can buy for $1 at target,] and put up your Christmas tree!

4. Become a plant parent

It doesn't matter what time of year it is, becoming a plant parent is always a good idea. It is definitely something that can distract you from the current election and it'll give you a sense of responsibility and love at the same time! Let's be real plants are cute, just look at them!

These are just a few of the distractions that can get your mind off the election and rid you of stress in general! For reasons on why you should take time for yourself to de-stress see my previous article here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/the-balance-between-priorities .