Distracting Shows On Netflix

Distracting Shows On Netflix

Good shows for when you need a break from real life.

70
Distracting Shows On Netflix

College is hard and Netflix is distracting, but since I watch Netflix anyway, I like to watch shows that make me feel better about my hectic, often-stressful life. I like everything from funny shows that can make me laugh to unsettling crime shows that make me glad I’m not in them. I like smart characters and antiheroes. So, I’ve compiled a list of shows on Netflix that never fail to make my day a little better.

1. 30 Rock - this show featuring Tina Fey is funny, and the female lead, Liz Lemon, makes the show worth watching for me. It has a good ending and stays interesting through its seasons, all of which are currently on Netflix.
  2. Narcos - this show is disturbing and really freaked me out, but I watched it because I loved Breaking Bad. There is a lot of gore and several scenes that may be a little disturbing, so watch with caution. The first season is on Netflix.
  3. The Office - this is one of my favorite shows. It’s witty, the characters are lovable, and the cold opens are hysterical. Dwight is a gift from the writers of The Office and he’ll make you happy you’re not rooming with him. I cried at the end, but that’s to be expected when you finish a good show. All its seasons are on Netflix.
  4. Breaking Bad - it’s a great show about a guy making drugs. It’s one of the serious shows that makes me a little happier with my life. This is another bloody one; again, watch with caution. All its seasons are on Netflix.
  5. The Walking Dead - I love apocalypse stuff. I like to write it, read it, and watch it. The characters are great, though the show does get a little stressful to watch. It’s a favorite of mine, even if it’s another bloodbath. Five seasons are on Netflix.
  6. Firefly - I’ll never get over this one. All that was ever made of this show is on Netflix. It’s about an awesome space crew and the mechanic, Kaylee, is a girl - I wanted to be her when I was younger. I also had a small crush on Captain Malcolm Reynolds when I first watched the show.
  7. Lost - I know I’m a little behind with this one. This is my favorite show that has ever been on television. I loved the characters and was weirdly jealous of not getting to live on a scary/exciting island that could have possibly not been real. I hated the ending, but it’s worth watching. All seasons are on Netflix.
  8. Bob’s Burgers - This is a show about a family running a burger joint. It’s hysterical, and Linda is my role model. My boyfriend and I watch this together. It’s short enough for a study break, so it’s pretty much perfect. Five seasons are on Netflix.
  9. Scrubs - this one is old too, but it’s a good show, especially if you’re multitasking. I like the character’s relationships and I love Dr. Cox’s insults. All eight* seasons are on Netflix (There are nine seasons, but I couldn’t get through more than one episode of the last season, so I pretend it didn’t happen).
  10. BoJack Horseman - I just started this a few days ago and I’m already deep into season two. I was recommended this one the day I started it, and I’m impressed so far. The show is funny, but I also feel genuinely sorry for the characters. If you have a BoJack in your life, watching this may help you cope. Three seasons are currently on Netflix.