Disney princess majors

These 11 Classic Disney Princesses Didn't Have To Go To College But If They Did These Would Be Their Majors

No college debt is a wish your heart makes...

324

Being currently in college, I often think back to my childhood, when times were simpler. All I had to worry about was scraping my knees and which sibling ate the last Poptart.

I also watched a whole lotta Disney, which is a pretty common theme in young 'uns. As I prepare to return to college for my fourth (but not final) year in college, I find myself dwelling on the movies I used to watch.

It occurred to me recently that the lives of these princesses would be incredibly changed if they were placed in my shoes. Would they have to stress about debt like I do, or would their royal jewels pay their way? What would their majors even be?

I don't have any answers for the first question, but I do have a few ideas for the second. Here are the classic Disney princesses and what I think they would have majored in.

1. Snow White - Early childhood development with a minor in home economics

The way Snow White works around those dwarfs obviously shows someone who is trained in handling stubborn, child-like attitudes. She also has that baby voice down to a science.

She's also able to fully clean and manage a house in an afternoon, which is where the home economics comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if she had done their taxes as well. Sure, she had lots of help along the way, but what college grad didn't?

2. Cinderella - Fashion Merchandising

I don't know about you, but if my fairy godmother could make me a magical dress specifically fitted to me in every way, then I would expect my shoes to be the same.

When that heel fell off, I bet Cinderella, between panicking and internally swearing at her fairy godmother, thought, "One way or another, I'm going to design shoes that will never do this literally ever." I know I would have.

3. Aurora - Botany

Now, I know that cottage doesn't have Wi-Fi, but Aurora spends quite a bit of time outdoors. I'd argue that she was really out there in the wild, studying the forest around her with the help of her woodland friends.

All I'm saying is that if she was awake, I bet she would've been incredibly fascinated by the thorny wall around her castle and would've been able to tell Prince Phillip exactly how to get through it (the dragon isn't in her field of study, obviously).

4. Ariel - Underwater Basket Weaving with a minor in kinesiology

Let's face it: Ariel is obsessed with humans. She would be so excited to be attending a university full of them that she would be over the moon. Combine that with a major that makes human objects underwater, and she would be pulling in that coveted 4.0 GPA.

Kinesiology would hopefully teach her how to use her new legs, but no promises.

5. Belle - Library Sciences with an emphasis in historical texts

Are you really surprised?

6. Jasmine - Political science with an emphasis in Middle Eastern studies

While Jasmine may be interested in traveling the world and studying various exotic wildlife (I'm looking at you, Rajah), she has a kingdom to run in her future.

I see her traveling abroad to learn exactly how to best run it; however. She might be broke, but at least education could show her some of the world.

7. Pocahontas - Exercise science with a minor in Indigenous and American Indian studies

This is a princess who takes her cardio seriously. My guess is that she would have the whole tribe on a new exercise regimen once she graduated.

That being said, she also has that tribe to rule after her father's death. A study of her people's history and customs, and customs of other tribes as well, would help out immensely.

8. Mulan - *Would've joined the military and then made a career out of it*

While joining the Chinese army wasn't really a choice made happily but rather out of loyalty and duty, Mulan finds that being on the front lines and strategizing military techniques is something she's not only good at but that she genuinely likes.

While it's possible that she could go to college and major in military science or something similar, I think that Mulan would rather be fighting than studying. You climb through those ranks, girl!

9. Tiana - Business with a double minor in personal finance and entrepreneurship

Tiana has been working toward her own restaurant since forever, so she's going to make sure she does it right. Whether it's working on online classes during her breaks or just working three jobs while actually attending college, Tiana wouldn't accept student debt as reasonable excuse for not opening her business.

I will say that this girl's 21 shots probably won't happen, though. Cut her some slack, though, she's working a double on her birthday.

10. Rapunzel - Musical Education with a minor in political science

While becoming a ruler is an inevitability in Rapunzel's future (hence the political science), her passion for singing and music in general can't be ignored. Ten bucks says she starts mandatory music education in schools across the kingdom.

In any case, I bet the arts would be the last subject cut if it came down to it.

11. Merida - Women, gender, and sexuality studies with an emphasis on Middle Ages

Merida straight up knows she's better than all the suitors who are to court her, and she even shoots for her own hand in marriage. If this doesn't scream someone armed with the knowledge of a women, gender, and sexuality studies major, I don't know what does.

I also think Merida would be interested in how other women of her station (and even not of her station) are being treated, hence the Middle Ages emphasis.