Disney Channel's elite movies

15 Of The Best Disney Channel Original Movies Of All-Time

*Cue the 'we wanna watch a Disney channel movie' intro*

71

Disney channel movies consumed all of our childhoods so I wanted to highlight the elite 15 movies that I could watch over and over again.

1. "Halloweentown" (Yes all of them — even the one with Sara Paxton)

Not even just four of the best Disney channel movies but also four of the best Halloween movies out there. Them recasting Marnie was pretty bold, but the only reason I accepted it was because Sara Paxton is everything to me and killed the role of my favorite Cromwell. Also, can we please have a moment of silence for the scene with Ethan and Marnie where right where "You Want Me" is playing? Iconic.

2. "Twitches" (1&2 — we claim both)

I think these are the movies that throughout my childhood brought me the most magic. Not only do these two films have my favorite set of twins, but I think it also tells the most beautiful story of the bonds of sisterhood and how you can do anything you set your mind to — which is such an important message for young people.

3. The High School Musical Trilogy

This trilogy gave us Zac Efron, so that right there makes it deserving of a spot on my list. These movies always transport me back to the time in my life in which I cried listening to Troy's speech during the 3rd movie and how I was so emotional thinking that these movies were coming to a close. Arguably the best parts of the movies were the soundtracks and we can't deny that.

4. "Cadet Kelly"

Anything Hilary Duff touches automatically turns to gold so it's no surprise that this movie is stellar. Being a military kid, I know the struggles all too well of trying to fit in with those kids and that lifestyle. Luckily, my step-dad didn't ship me off to a military academy, but I can definitely relate to the other parts of the film. Plus it has Christy Carlos Romano, who is a Disney staple at this point.

5. "The Suite Life On Deck The Movie"

You can agree with me or be wrong, but this movie was just as quality as the TV show. It had all the classic Martin twins chaos and that just makes me feel nostalgic every time I watch it. I don't have much to say about this one, so just go watch it and fall in love with it.

6. "Princess Protection Program"

Everyone in 2010's favorite duo Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato star in this feel good movie about a princess and a girl who works at a bait shop becoming best friends and it's just so good. The best part of this film is the song "One And The Same" since it's the epitome of Disney channel songs.

7. "Camp Rock"

This film brought us the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato and we have to be thankful for that. The 1st one was definitely better than its sequel and comes with some of my favorite songs from any Disney channel movies.

8. "Teen Beach Movie"

People definitely don't give this movie as much credit as they give movies like Camp Rock or HSM, but it think for a younger generation that holds the same weight. It has a attractive and talented lead both male and female and the songs are absolute bops.

9. "Lemonade Mouth"

You can hate me for saying this but this movie is the BEST Disney channel movie musical. The acting? Incredible. The music? No duds. Plus this movie introduced us to Hayley Kiyoko, so obviously it's full of immense talent. Also each person in the movie such a deep story line and they have lives outside of school and the band unlike movies like high school musical where their whole life is about their high school experience.

10. "Radio Rebel"

Maybe I am partial to this movie because it takes place in my homeland of Seattle or maybe I just appreciate quality films, but I would consider this Debby Ryan's best performance and the end scene where everyone says "I'm radio rebel" is a cinematic masterpiece.

11. "Cloud 9"

In this Oscar worthy performance that Dove Cameron delivers, you will find yourself both rooting for her and falling in love with Luke Benward — what more could you want? This is a movie that I believe all young girls should watch as it shows that you can't let a boy discourage you and get you down and that you can do anything you set your mind to.

12. "Read it and Weep"

This movie gave the Panabaker sisters their careers and thank god for that. It's such a classic Disney channel movie and is still probably a top of my list. Also: how adorable is Jason Dolley?

13. "Geek Charming"

Now I will only be talking about Sarah Hyland's Performance in this film as her counterpart is an abusive piece of shit and we do NOT support him. Sarah is an absolute scene stealer in this film and is both good with her comedic timing and knows how to be serious at the same time.

14. "Jump In"

This movie made me realize that Corbin Bleau is the man of my dreams. It also produced the song "Push It To The Limit" which is one of Disney's finest songs.

15. "Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie"

I am just going to say it this is the best Disney Channel movie based off of a TV show. This movies gives you humor it gives you emotion and I love it with my whole entire heart. The scene where Justin starts to forget Alex breaks my heart every time.