Disney Heiress Speaks Out On Oppressive GOP Tax Reform

With mounting national debt and an uninsured populace, soon, dreams won't come true.
117

The GOP tax bill is a nightmare for everyone but the world’s richest. As if the current administration couldn’t make the "American Dream" even more unattainable, they are sure willing to try. So, why would the Disney heiress, Abigail Disney, care about the middle-class catastrophe outlined by the approved bill? Well, as she states in the video posted by NowThis Politics, "Disney is for the middle class."

Abigail's family worked hard to rise from the poorest of poor to living the high life. A descendant of the great Disney family, she is destined to attain the wealth the Disneys have earned over the past century. She states in the video that she was fortunate enough to receive money from her father, who received it from his uncle and grandfather.

The great Disney empire reaches across the entire globe. The magic of Disney World and Disneyland persists for families escaping the everyday grind. Parents often save up for quite some time to treat their families to a wondrous vacation. Soon, that may no longer be a reality.

The tax cuts now written into law will benefit the 1% which, of course, includes our wonderful President and Congressmen. The rich will be able to route money in ways that will skew the system in their favor. But, as this is America and we are here strictly for monetary purposes, this is, in fact, strictly business.

To make matters worse, the tax bill outlines that not hundreds, not thousands, but millions—13 million Americans—will lose health care benefits. This will then send premiums skyrocketing due to fewer customers, leaving many sick Americans without the coverage they so desperately need.

Abigail talks about how this new plan will allow her to pass along $20 million to her children with no tax whatsoever. She also says that state and local tax write-offs will disappear, causing problems for many. Even teachers, who spend their personal money on school supplies for their classrooms, will no longer be able to write them off on their taxes. As if America didn't devalue education enough, it is making it that much harder for underpaid teachers to provide supplies for their classrooms and students.

Disney touches on how the debt of this country is projected to be $1.5 trillion dollars greater, as if what we had wasn't enough already. Social mobility, the ability for people to work toward and achieve wealth, will basically vanish due to debt, the new tax bill and our ever-growing price on education.

Abigail Disney is trying to show us all how horrible things will become with the country's "biggest tax cut ever." We should be worried. Soon, dreams won't come true.