Disney College Program Survival Guide: How To Ace The Phone Interview

As scary as it sounds, you will get through this with these easy steps!

85

Did you manage to pass the Web-Based Interview for the upcoming Disney College Program? Then congratulations! You're onto the next step of the process: The Phone Interview.

Wait wait, stay with me for a sec! I know those three words may sound scary right now, but trust me on this one: You will get through this.

Sure, this is Disney we're talking about, after all - and of course, that's nothing to sneeze about! In fact, I was incredibly nervous for my phone interview I just had last week. Fortunately, a few of my friends who have done the program in the past gave me really good tips on how to survive the PI which are absolutely foolproof. Let's also have our pal Mickey Mouse to guide us through these steps, too:

1. Make sure you know your top three to five roles.

In addition to this, do some research about the roles your considering and think of past work/volunteer experiences that are applicable to any of those roles. Your interviewer will definitely ask something around the lines of, "Describe a time you had difficulties with a guest."

2. Have an open mind.

Especially when the interviewer mentions a role you have no interest in at all. Rather than just saying, "NO!" Say something like, "While it's not in my top roles list, I'd rather be accepted for ______, than not being accepted at all."

3. Give yourself enough time to relax beforehand.

Your interviewer will call you either fifteen minutes early (which actually happened to me!) or right on the dot. I would highly recommend eating something to sustain your appetite during those twenty-to-thirty minutes.

4. Think of a question or two to ask at the end.

At the end of the PI, your interviewer will ask, "Do you have any questions for me?" This is your moment to shine and ask anything about the program! For instance, I was curious if my interviewer knew anybody who's involved in the company in a global perspective.

5. Smile and be yourself.

It may sound cliche, but this comes such a long way! If you smile and let that positivity be conveyed through your voice, your interviewer will take good note of that.

As terrifying as the phone interview may sound, trust me - you will get through this. The minute you're done, it's going to be a complete weight off your shoulders; and at the same time, oh so rewarding! I remember the minute I got off the phone, I sat on my bed with an ear-to-ear smile and thought to myself, "Wow, I just got interviewed by The Walt Disney Company!"

If you're finished with the phone interview, good job and I wish you the best of luck in your DCP application process! If you still have a few days until your phone interview comes up, good luck!