Disney Classics You Probably Forgot About

And they are fantastic.

31

"Cinderella," "Sleeping Beauty," "Aladdin." These are just three examples of the classic Disney movies we have all come to love and enjoy. Disney has been in our lives through thick and thin, from our childhood and adulthood. Yet, during the disney renaissance, we forgot about some of the classics that got over shadowed by the princesses, and fantastical stories that other companies made. You'll kick yourself for not remembering these right away. As much as I love princesses, these nine classics filled my childhood.

Sword in the Stone

The classic story of King Arthur, with a disney twist. Madam Mim haunted our dreams with her crazy antics, and the scene where they are turned into fish was a bit of a mind bend. But this movie stole our hearts, made us love, and have a whole new appreciation for the legend. "That's what I say, give the boy a chance!"

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Quasimodo is our favorite recluse. With voices from Demi Moore, Jason Alexander, Kevin Kleine and more, it was a Disney movie that defied the odds of social norms and acceptance. It was very controversial at the time, but we can all agree that the music is absolutely haunting, yes including "Topsy Turvy Day".

Atlantis

Lets be honest, all the girls had a crush on Milo and all the guys loved Kida. This movie came out in 2001, so it is not as old as the others, but it is still a classic. By the way, we are all still salty that Kida isn't an official Disney Princess.

Treasure Planet

This is another one that isn't as old. Released in 2002, it was sci-fi in Disney cartoon version. Two words (one hyphenated) . Joseph. Gordon-Levitt. Yeah, not many of you knew that did you. Our beloved Jim Hawkens that traveled space after a tragic story with his mother oh my god just watch it because I know you forgot about it.

A Bugs Life

This one is branching off of the 2D to Disney Pixar. Bugs Life isn't one that is regularly talked about anymore. This flik (get my pun) literally is chalk full of famous voices including Kevin Spacey, Julia Luis-Dreyfus, Hayden Panetierre, Phyllis Diller, Richard Kind, and the list goes on. It is probably one of the best pixar movies ever made so watch it.

Oliver and Company

Animals. Singing. Disney took the story of Oliver and applied it to dogs and a cat and their adventures that has Fagan, and singing and dancing and heartwarming-ness. I know so many people who haven't seen it, and it's a movie you will forever remember.

The Rescuers

There are multiple of these and I recommend every single one of them (There are only two). Rescuers Down Under was my favorite of them. Literally the cutest mice ever. Miss Bianca is goals. Go be Miss Bianca. It's such a beautiful movie.

Robin Hood

If you haven't seen it, please go do it. Little john is the exact same animation as Baloo in The Jungle Book. They took the story of Robin Hood and converted it to apply to forest animals and a lion. This is a childhood staple, and literally makes me heart happy.

The Aristocats

This is literally an entire movie about cats. It is the best movie about cats. Cats.