Directors Who Have Revolutionized The Entertainment Industry

From them, we have gotten so many amazing and heart-warming movies.

37
Chris Murray

The entertainment industry has grown and become bigger than ever before. The visuals, the stories, and the actors have changed throughout the year, but it still holds the same truth and values of before. They want to entertain. They want to show the world visions in their head from imagination. They are sharing messages from what they came up with themselves. Portraying what you see in your head can be hard, but with the right team, you can accomplish anything. Throughout the years, the visioners of the movies have changed, but they all have a common gift; they can bring a story to life. Directors are the visionaries of the movie business and will bring characters and stories to life on the big screen. There are a few that stick out from the crowd with their creativity and visions.

To start off, we need to go back. Starting in black and white, we have Alfred Hitchcock. This storyteller was able to come up with original ideas, storylines, and characters. He specialized in suspense movies which are entirely different than the ones we have today. He didn't have any specialized equipment to make CGI or add any special visual effect, but rather he had props and camera angles to create the suspense and horror of his movies. Instead of showing anything that might seem "scary" he added that extra element of surprise. He didn't give away the story until the very end. He was able to make a movie scary without even showing something scary. He was indeed a pioneer and a real artist.

Steven Spielberg has also given us original storylines, characters, and imagination. His movies are very creative and have a lot of work put into them. Like Hitchcock, when he was beginning, he didn't have too many visuals effects to use. He did have a lot more than Hitchcock but not as much as we have today. He also made actual props and built the worlds we were indulging in. He indeed was one to come up and bring to life original ideas that have stuck around for years. He older movies are now classics and are seen as a piece of fantastic art.

George Lucas has made an empire without intending to. He also came up with original movies and storylines that has brought him to become one of the greatest directors today. He too didn't have too many visual effects at hand and made actual villages and characters, such as aliens and creatures from scratch, and made it something extraordinary. His original ideas and work ethic make him one of the greats. He made a way for future directors who had different ideas than normal. He made others believe that anyone could make it and present their story that may be out of this world.

Guillermo del Toro is someone who makes and films some pretty weird stories. His movies are something of a fresh face in the industry. He doesn't follow the rules and paths of some other directors, but instead, he makes his own way and stories. Thankfully, he was born into today's world because the CGI and technology that we have today allow him to entirely prepare his movie into something of a wonder. From giant robots to fish men, he is able to actively bring his characters to life with little ease and connects them to the audience.

Overall, there are many great directors with visions and so much potential. This list only involves a handful of those types of great directors. There are many who are paving the way for future concepts and directors who want to make and project their big ideas on the big screen. In today's world, we are trying to move forward and become better than what we were. Starting at Alfred Hitchcock, we have advanced so much technology and stories from then. We now have a crazy amount of advancements that have allowed us to make crazy movies with insane visuals. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have advanced the industry as well. They have gone further than Hitchcock and have made incredible movies with great stories and visuals. We are thankful that there have been some incredibly talented directors that have been able to connect stories, characters, and actors. It takes a great person with imagination and talent to be able to project a story that audiences could relate to and be able to make an impact. It's pretty cool to see how far we have come and how much we still have to go. This future is a path that will allow us to make even greater discoveries and better entertainment. We'll see how far we have come and it'll be crazy.