Six Digital Guilty Pleasures

Six Digital Guilty Pleasures

A list of my favorite video games.

11
Six Digital Guilty Pleasures

I am a nerd, I'm just going say that right away. I'm a nerd and proud of it. One of my favorite things to do is to play video games- particularly fighting games and action-role playing games. Fighting games are great for jumping into something real quick and blowing off steam while action-rpgs have great stories and don't take as long as normal role playing games.

Here's a list of 6 of my digital guilty pleasures!

6. Pokémon Puzzle League

This is an older game, released in 2000 but it's a ton of fun. If you've ever heard of "Nintendo Puzzle League" than you'll be familiar with this game because it's just a Pokémon-ized version of it. The game features Ash Ketchum and various other characters from the original Pokémon anime.

I love this game because it makes you think and you have to pay attention to what you're doing because you want to keep a continuous combo (and you don't want to lose your favorite Pokémon). I love how it challenges you and makes you think quick; plus it brings me back to my childhood and watching Pokémon!

5. The Diablo Series

This action role-playing game is a lot fun and it looks really cool. I never played the first one because I was too young but I played both 2 and 3. Each version of the game is different and cool in its own way.

The Diablo series is a lot of fun because you get to select a specific hero class, so you can be a wizard, an assassin, a barbarian and more! It's always fun starting a new character and building up your inventory with the right things. When you get to the higher levels you can do some serious damage.

Each series had its really awesome points. In Diablo 2, you had skill trees and as you moved down the tree you'd unlock different but similar skills. For me, with that kind of skill system, playing a sorceress was always fun because there was all kinds of different element abilities. I had cold sorceresses, fire sorceresses and they all did different things. It really kept the game interesting!

Diablo 3 is equally as interesting; the classes and quests are really cool and the multiplayer features are amazing. While I miss the skill trees, there are different builds you can do based on the equipment you find in the game.

Diablo to me definitely feels like a classic!

4. The Rock Band Series

This has been one of my favorite series for awhile now. The idea of this series is to create a rocker and put them into a custom band. You can be super creative in this game because you get to name the band and there's a ton of clothing options. You can make any rocker you want and once you're set up you get to earn fans and unlock more; it's amazing!

It also has a large song catalog, especially with all the downloadable content that's been released. So many favorites are in the game, it makes it all the more fun. The ability to play all the different instruments also makes the playing experience so much fun, especially when Rock Band 3 added the keyboard.

My favorite in the series is Rock Band 3 because they added so much to it-- a more advanced character creator, larger variety of clothes and of course even more awesome artists. I still play Rock Band 3 a lot today.

3. Batman Arkham Asylum Series

My favorite hero is Batman so when Arkham Asylum came out and gave us the ability to play as Batman I was really excited. I watched my dad play it when it came out and I knew I had to play it. Once I picked it up, it was one of the most addictive games I've ever played. Players get to have a full out Batman experience where you fight his foes, use his gadgets, solve crime scenes and watch over Gotham City. The Arkham Asylum series is one of the best additions to the Batman franchise and I think it really puts the player in Batman's mindset.

2. The Sims Series

This life simulation series is one of my top favorite games. I've been playing the Sims for a very long time, probably since Sims 1. For me the greatest thing about it is being able to create characters or families and creating a whole story to go with them. Playing the stories created keeps me busy for a long time, it's a great way to get creative and use your imagination!

Also, the game allows you to build; building houses and stores is always fun. It's fun to see what you can come up with. Older versions of the game used to let you edit the towns a bit as well, when the Sims 3 was released they had a create a world program which led to all kinds of fun creations. I once found a complete recreation of New York City and that only made the Sims gaming experience all the more better.

My favorite out of this series is probably Sims 3. Sims 2 was close but I loved the open world aspect of 3 and the ability to follow your Sims where ever they went. Sims 4, the most recent version, has a long way to go before it's on the same level as Sims 2 and 3 but Maxis, the genus company behind the Sims series, is getting closer with each addition they add.

1. The Kingdom Hearts Series

My top favorite series is the Kingdom Hearts Series because the story and its characters are phenomenal. The story behind Kingdom Hearts is extremely weird but awesome. There are so many pieces that make up the entire thing that it sucks you in and keeps you entertained the whole time. I've only ever disliked one of the games' stories and that was one of the later games. Another aspect I love about Kingdom Hearts is the fact that it's a collaboration between Square Enix and Disney. I'm a hardcore Disney fan so playing a game that allows you to explore Disney worlds and interact with Disney characters is extremely appealing to me.

My favorite in the series is Kingdom Hearts 2 because they added major characters who I loved and they all had some pretty crazy identities which just appealed to me even more. I was enthralled by how deep the story had gotten; it will always be my favorite aspect to the series.

You've read my list! So tell me, what are your favorite games?