Different Person Than Before

Different Person Than Before

We think we need to be the same person forever or we want to change ourselves but we can do both.

130
Different Person Than Before
Google Images

"I'm a different person to who I was this time last year"-Unknown

It is a known fact that we all change as we grow up in each stage of our lives, from a young child to pre-teen, teenage year and finally adulthood. In each of these stages of life, we change our hair style, clothes, interests and so much more. What is surprising is that we change quite more than expected in college. At the beginning of college, we may be thinking we know exactly who we are but as time goes on, we see the world through different eyes. In college, we are allowed to change different parts of ourselves if we want or stay the same because this is a fresh start to relevant who we are.

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then"-Lewis Carroll

When we enter into high school it is all so new and experiences the famous feelings of being nervous but excited for the unknown world we are entering into.Those four years seems to either be best or worse time of our lives. We may start to feel older and know how we are but high school has to end eventually and we have ventured into either college or working in the real world. Once we leave those school doors for the last time, the world changes. We have to view it through a different set of eyes because we are different whether we choose to admit it or not. The truth is that we are no longer children and as much as we wish we could back to that time, we can not and we have to make decisions that will affect our future.

"Remember you are a different person now than before. You are wiser and stronger for the trials that you have been through"-Leon Brown

After we start college, we experience the familiar feelings we experienced four years at the beginning of high school but now they mean something different. These feelings mean we no longer can rely on our parents to catch us when we fall and we have to make our choices without having our parents there to back us up. Also, proof that we are about to enter a new chapter of our lives that will be a terrifying but rewarding experience to help us prepare ourselves to what's come next in our lives. We discover people who may become our closest friends that we would not have met otherwise. We will on go adventures that will push us outside of our comfort zone. We grow into a more confident person and know what we want. My freshman year of college is almost over, and I just feel like I am a different person than when I came here all those months ago. I am working on being more confident person and allowing myself to discover who I am and what out of this life.