The Difference Between Freshmen And Upperclassmen

We're Not All The Same

614

All college kids are tired of hearing "all college kids are the same" because we aren't. Not even remotely.

1. Moving in

Freshmen:

Day 1: moving in way too much stuff and going up way too many stairs to live in a way too small room with a stranger. "Best day ever!"

Upperclassmen:

Admit it. You drove past the dorms laughing at the pain those freshman don't even know exists yet while you were headed to your apartment. "Good luck with getting wifi and sleep, freshies."

2. Getting Textbooks

Freshman:

You bought every textbook. Yes, even the optional ones.

Upperclassmen:

Let's be real. By your third year of college, spending $300+ on books (that you will probably use as an oversized coaster as you google all of your homework answers) isn't worth it. And waiting in line at the bookstore? It's a no from me.

3. Meeting new people

Freshmen:

You probably came to college knowing less than 5 people, so making friends everywhere you go for the first year is a must.

Upperclassmen:

You've got your squad and you're sticking to it. Everyone else is a stranger not to be reckoned with.

4. Finding out you have a 9 am

Freshmen:

"That's so much better than high school!"

Upperclassmen:

"Any class before noon is an abomination."

5. The night before classes start:

Freshmen:

It's ok that you made 17 tweets and 3 Instagram selfies with captions about how excited you were. We've all been there.

Upperclassmen:

You know what is coming: sleepless nights, hours on end in the library, and the need for 32 hours in the day.

6. The first day of classes

Freshmen:

You got up 2.5 hours early (mostly because you couldn't sleep from all the excitement) and made sure to look nice.

Upperclassmen:

There's no telling if you even brushed your teeth or not.

7. Coming home from class

Freshmen:

*Goes straight home and starts homework*

Upperclassmen:

You may or may not have made it home before crashing.

8. Eating

Freshmen:

You try to eat healthy in the dining halls, you really do. You might even make healthy meal charts with your roomie, but you both secretly know it won't last long once you realize that pizza is served 24/7.

Upperclassmen:

Who cares if you don't have money for your rent. If Taco Bell calls, you answer.

9. Getting involved on campus

Freshmen:

*Signs up for 12 clubs* "They said everything was free!"

Upperclassmen:

"Also, please take me off all of those email lists I signed up for freshman year"

10. Going out

Freshmen:

When you take two hours to get ready at 7 pm, and then don't go out until 11 pm.

Upperclassmen:

"It took enough for us to even leave our apartment. Did you really want us to dress up too?"

11. But in the end, no matter what our class status is, we are all just trying to survive our last years before fully "adult-ing"