4 Best Restaurants For Dietary Restrictions In Orlando

4 Havens For Hungry People With Dietary Restrictions In Orlando

I know I've found my people when I don't have to ask for a special menu.

77
Oreeko

I've eaten dairy-free for years and, with practice and patience, found my way around most restaurant menus. But when I added gluten and eggs to my "eat these and suffer the consequences" list, my dining options suddenly shrunk. Eating at a restaurant is now akin to both taking and administering an exam, complete with anxiety and guilt. There are a lot of questions, uncertainties and pressure to get it right.

Dietary restrictions are a huge part of daily life for many people and have been largely ignored until now. Luckily, as awareness for these restrictions increases, so do our options.

Finding a new product or eatery that is conscious of my diet is like finding a pot of gold at the end of the proverbial rainbow. These Orlando restaurants have created a safe space around meals for those of us with allergies, intolerances, preferences and conditions. Now we can enjoy a platter of healthy nutrition and a side of peace-of-mind without having to cook it ourselves.

Fresh Kitchen.

Fresh Kitchen executes its "fun vibe" flawlessly, as evidenced by its cheeky hashtag #giveaFK. Their menu is clearly labeled so you don't have to keep asking "what's in it?" and the ingredients are tasty enough to bring your non-dietary restricted friends. They even have homemade desserts and drinks -- my boyfriend can't get enough of their orange soda. With two locations in Orlando and others throughout central Florida, this is a restaurant I'm looking forward to seeing more of.

Location: 851 N. Alafaya Trail Q01, Orlando, FL 32828 AND 2855 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32806

Website: http://www.eatfreshkitchen.com/

Dandelion Communitea Cafe.

Dandelion Communitea Cafe's menu is entirely plant-based which means no dairy or animal products. They also offer gluten-free options and boast a Celiac-friendly kitchen. The cafe does "socially responsible" right with fair-trade, fair-usa and locally sourced ingredients and to top it all off, it's freakin' delicious. Hallelujah! This quirky, welcoming gem has definitely become an integral part of Orlando by feeding our lives with great good-for-you food, positive vibes and community events and volunteering.

Location: 618 N Thornton Ave, Orlando, FL 32803

Website: https://dandelioncommunitea.com/

Infusion Tea.

Infusion Tea picked its name wisely. Their loose-leaf teas are a shining example of what every cuppa should taste like and their options are seemingly limitless. The food menu is clearly labeled and gives you flexibility to order a meal that is right for your needs. With a laid-back atmosphere this is definitely a spot to bring tea-loving co-workers or your own trusty laptop for a creative project. And the adorable Arts Co-op shop inside of their cafe can take all of my money now.

Location: 1600 Edgewater Drive, Orlando, FL 32804

Website: http://www.infusionorlando.com/

Too Much Sauce.

Except for their desserts, Too Much Sauce is entirely gluten-free. Like Fresh Kitchen, their menu consists of creating your own bowl which allows you to pick ingredients that fit into your diet. Their hearty portions make it a go-to dinner on nights when I'm a little bit over the whole cooking thing. And did I mention that it tastes amazing? Seriously, amazing. Even before the sauce.

Location: 1430 N Mills Ave Suite 170, Orlando, FL 32803

Website: https://www.sauceorlando.com/

Bonus: Ethos Vegan Kitchen.

www.ethosvegankitchen.com

Ethos Vegan Kitchen has appeared on various recommendation lists, but I have yet to visit simply because it is the farthest away from me. Their online menu shows 100% vegan fare and various gluten-free and soy-free choices including desserts. Do you know how many dairy-egg-gluten-free desserts there are out in the world? Basically none. It won't be long until I check out this restaurant with my heart full of hope and sweet, sweet possibilities.

Location: 601-B South New York Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789

Website: http://www.ethosvegankitchen.com/

When I dine at these restaurants, I feel like I'm sharing meals with my tribe. They get it and they're here to make everything better. If you or a loved one struggle to find eateries that cater to your dietary restrictions, I hope you can find some solace in these community treasures.