Dez Bryant Possibly to the Patriots?

Dez Bryant To The Pats: A Reality Or Fantasy?

With his name buzzing in free agency involving the Patriots, will Dez Bryant actually be a good fit for the Patriots team?

23

88, better known as Dez Bryant, has always been a Cowboy since his rookie year. However, that era has now come to an end. Now in free agency for the first time, he is moving on from the Cowboys era, making many fans very displeased and heart-wrenched. While on the Cowboys, Dez made a case to be an all-star receiver, becoming a 3 time Pro Bowler in 2013, 2014 and 2016, first-team All-Pro in 2014, and lead the NFL in 2014 with the most receiving touchdowns, with 16. Now in free agency, where will he go? Cleveland? New England? All we know as of this moment is that he's not planning on planning until the middle of the NFL season, not mentioning where he is going to be playing (yet).

Now there is still that one lingering question: where will Dez go? Looking at the Cleveland Browns roster and the New England Patriots, it seems as if New England has advantage. After the department of Brandin Cooks to the Rams and the suspension of Julian Edelman for 4 games, they need that game-changing, electrifying receiver who will step up in the spotlight when needed and Dez is that type of player. We've seen what he is capable of and I strongly believe there would be a strong chemistry between Bryant and Brady.

Looking at the Cleveland Browns, sure they need him, but will they use him as much as New England would? In addition, the Browns went all out this offseason signing players with Jarvis "Juice" Landry being the best signing. Looking at their receiving core, they have Josh Gordon and Landry as their main receivers so it's possible that Dez wouldn't get too many touches. With that, the Browns are going to have a lower salary cap than usual, which would be a pain for Dez because he wants lots of money.

Could Dez still sign with Cleveland? Possibly. But I see that New England would be the best destination for Dez. If Robert Kraft sees potential in an expensive player, he will make the trades and sign anyone to a huge deal, if and only if that player performs well. Let's see what Dez has up his sleeve as the NFL season progresses.