Destin, Florida's Best Non-Chain Restaurants

Where do the locals eat?

1133
Destin Realty Firm

Destin, Florida is well known for its white sandy beaches and the emerald colored waters. This is proven by the thousands and thousands of tourists that visit here all year long, especially during the spring and summer. Dining out can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you are into the chain restaurants. Most of the tourists go to the chain restaurants because they do not know about some of the best local places to eat. Depending on what kind of food you are in the mood for there are many non-chain restaurants we, as locals, love.

Destin offers many varieties and assortments of food. If you are in the mood for Thai food, Jasmine Thai is the place to go. They have many options to pick from on their menu and the service is great. It is also not very expensive and the owner is very personable. My family and I are there usually about once a week. We love Thai food.

One of our other favorites is Vin'tij Wine Boutique. Being under 21, the wine aspect of this restaurant does not apply to me, but for anyone that is interested in wine, this place has wine tastings and all sorts of different kinds of wine that you can choose from the menu or pick right off the shelf in their retail shop. The menu also gives you a specific glass or bottle of wine that pairs with each dish offered. Vin'tij is somewhat expensive, but the food and atmosphere are definitely worth the money. The owner and my dad are good friends and we always enjoy our time there.

Seafood is by far a must-have while you are vacating here in Destin. People not only come here for our beaches, but also for our seafood -- another thing we are famous for. Some chain restaurants offer seafood, sure, but you could be missing out on some of the freshest seafood in town. Two places that we locals always go for seafood are Harbor Docks and Dewey Destin's. These two places offer the freshest seafood in the area. They are both located on the harbor, so you will also have a view with your meal.

Wondering where to go for date night? I suggest going to the Henderson Park Inn. The food is excellent, although not cheap, and they have to dine inside and outside on the deck. For an extra special date, try Toes in the Sand dining. Your table will be set up on the beach surrounded by tiki torches and candles. Again, this is not for a cheap date. Guys, you will definitely gain some brownie points if you take your date here.

Last, but not least...breakfast! The most important meal of the day! One of the best places to go around Destin for breakfast is The Donut Hole. This place has lots of breakfast selections, the food portions are very large and they have many awesome DONUTS! The only negative about this place is that there is a line out the door almost every morning, especially on Sunday's. If you beat the church crowd, your wait will be minimal.

Although there are many, many restaurants in Destin these are a few of my friends' and family's favorite places to dine. There are some other great restaurants in this area that I did not mention, so you will just have to take a trip down here yourself and pick your own favorites.