4 Reasons To Love Yourself Because You Deserve It

I spend at least seventy percent of my day thinking about what I could have done better, what I should have said or known, how I should have reacted. I spend so much of my time replaying the past and my mistakes that I rarely take the time to love or simply appreciate myself.

I know for a fact that I am not the only person who does this. We could all use a daily dose of self-love. Here are four reasons to love yourself, featuring pictures from yours truly.

1. No one else has your laugh

Jasmine Rainey

If I had a dollar every time someone told me my laugh was ridiculous I wouldn't have to worry about taking out student loans. I laugh with my ENTIRE body and whatever noises come out of my mouth I have zero control over. This is the reason I chose to mention first because our laughs speak so much to our personality.

Whether you have a belly laugh, chortle, chuckle, giggle, or snicker your laugh is a part of you. It is unique to you just like your fingerprint or DNA, it is something that deserves appreciation. Next time you are tearing up from laughter, take a moment to cherish it.

2. You aren't perfect

Jasmine Rainey

Prior to taking this picture I had a minor identity crisis and "needed" a change. This manifested itself as stripping my hair of the prior color it had been and leaving it a horrible blonde. In the past, I have also chopped off my hair and impulsively given myself bangs (pictured above). I could go on for hours about all of the bad choices I have made, but the fact of the matter is that I have still reached all of my goals.

It is so easy to get down on ourselves for not being the perfect child, student, partner, or an employee but if you were perfect there would be no point in doing anything. If I were a perfect writer, there would be no use in me trying to learn or grow now. I guess what I am trying to say is, embrace your imperfections and define perfection for yourself.

3. You are not the same person you were a day, a week, a year, or a decade ago.

Jasmine Rainey

I try my best to not remain stagnant, so I work to learn something new every day and incorporate it from that point on. Knowing that you grow so much as a person from the moment you are born to the moment you die is inspiring. However, ultimately, it is up to you. It is in your hands to either learn and grow or remain the same. Sometimes we do change for the worse but the good thing about that is you can always change again. There are no rules dictating how you much be, growing into your own person and having your own beliefs is beautiful.

4. You are beautiful.

Jasmine Rainey

Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. Your laughter, imperfections, and growth are so absolutely stunning. Physically, your body is gorgeous. No matter size, shape, or color it is deserving of all the love you are capable of giving it. Remember that your legs have held and carried you to where you are. Your arms have comforted you during your lowest moments. And your torso has supported when you wanted nothing more but to change it.

Self-love is not just a one day journey, it takes time and much like everything else, learning how to love yourself is not a linear path. Speaking honestly there will be a time where you feel like curling in a ball and hiding from the world, but it in those moments it is important to know that you are worth love. You are worth love both from others and yourself.