Breaking Down Demi Lovato's New Single

Breaking Down Demi Lovato's New Single

'Sober' was just released, and well, it's heartbreaking.

138
Maddie Stallings
Maddie Stallings

Majority of us know Demi Lovato and are well aware of her story.

Demi is not afraid of sharing her story with the world, her addiction, trip to rehab, and now sobriety.

On June 21st, 2018, Demi released a new single titled 'Sober.'

She released the single on all social media platforms saying, 'My truth…'

If you listen to the song, some of the lyrics read,

"don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I do it every, every, every time
It's only when I'm lonely
Sometimes I just wanna cave
And I don't wanna fight
I try and I try and I try and I try and I try
Just hold me, I'm lonely"

Later in the song she goes on to talk to her mom, dad, and 'the ones who never left me.'

She states, 'we've been down this road before, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore.'

Personally, I am a huge fan of Demi's and always have been, since her days on Disney Channel.

This single being released is heartbreaking, Demi just celebrated six years of sobriety this past January. She just went on tour for her new album. Honestly, this came a huge shock to the Lovatic fan base.

It is an eye-opener. I am thankful Demi feels comfortable enough to share her story with her fans and the world, but it is so sad that she relapses because we all thought she was doing so well.

This song being released made me think, it made me realize that no matter how big a person's smile is, how many pictures they post on Instagram, or how busy they are, they are or could be fighting battles within themselves. You never truly know what someone is going through.

Be cautious around others, check up on your friends, and love to the fullest each and every day.