What We Know About Demi Lovato's Addictions

We Almost Lost Demi Lovato Today, But Hopefully, It's Not Too Late For Her To Get Sober Again

"I'm sorry that I'm here again. I promise I'll get help. It wasn't my intention. I'm sorry to myself."

10865
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jenzbie/23816854050

I grew up on Demi Lovato, Camp Rock, and the Jonas Brothers. Demi has always been an inspiration to me whether it's her bold personality or her music. I grew up on Demi Lovato and Camp Rock, like that was my life.

I may not understand or agree with the choices she's made but I still love her and I still respect her as an artist.

Demi Lovato released a song called 'Sober' on June 21, 2018, and about a month later on July 24, Demi is hospitalized for a possible heroin drug overdose. Demi sings at the end of her new song, "I'm sorry that I'm here again. I promise I'll get help. It wasn't my intention. I'm sorry to myself." Sober is about her relapse after being six years sober.

Now, if you know Demi and you've been a Lovatic for a couple years then you probably know more of her backstory. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2011 and has been to multiple rehabs and treatment centers for an eating disorder and drug abuse. Have you watched her documentary called "Simply Complicated" on Youtube? Her documentary was released in October of 2017.

Here's a link if you're interested in watching it. I would 10/10 recommend.

When I checked Twitter today, these were the tweets that filled my screen:

Now to the present day and time, on July 24, 2018, Demi was rushed to the hospital after she was found unconscious in her home by paramedics. Absolutely terrifying.

Do you know who Mike Bayer is? He was Demi's sober coach, and he left her when she needed him the most. What a friend. According to People magazine, Bayer said, "I'm here today to explain to you that being an artist and being talented are two different things. To me being an artist is living your authentic life.

I believe everyone out there is an artist.I think if somebody uses it as an excuse to be late, or insincere, or rude, or unapologetic, that's not being an artist. That's being a jerk. And you shouldn't stand for that." Demi has always been honest and shared her whole story to help others, to inspire people, to encourage them to fight for their lives, and when she's the one in need, people come throwing rocks and it's such a shame. Her closest friends broke her heart.

Do you know what Narcan is? It's a drug used to treat narcotic overdoses in emergencies. According to US Weekly, "One of her friends had Narcan on hand in case something like this happened. Her friends knew this was coming because she's been using so much again. They were up all night partying the night before at her house."

I have so many questions about this and I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash for this as to why I care so much but I'm a human being and I care about others, celebrities or not. Who are these friends and if they knew that Demi was using, why didn't they talk to someone or tell someone?

I personally was on Twitter when everything was happening and I was reading everyone's comments about her and her overdose. There were many celebrities and fans all around the world that tweeted out their love and support to her. A couple of hours later, Demi was stable. Then another couple of hours later, Demi was awake and with her family.

The world could have lost Demi Lovato today. I don't think people understand that.

We all need to love and support one another and quit being mean. You will never know or understand what someone is going through until you're in their shoes and you see things from a different perspective. Celebrity or not, everyone is human and we all deal with the same problems. Stay strong.