4 Delicious Vegan Recipies To Try For Your Next Sunday Dinner

If you're tired of feeling heavy and bloated after each meal, try eating vegan for a couple of nights instead. You'll be amazed at how energized and light you'll feel!

125
Lexi Stumpf

Adopting vegetarianism into my lifestyle hasn't always been easy, but it has been one of the most rewarding decisions I have ever made. I have never felt better, and my body is thanking me for it.

When I say that it wasn't easy, I don't mean that I crave or desire meat at all. What I mean is that it's hard to sacrifice things that you once liked, and it's also hard to find alternatives. Then I realized: why do I have to sacrifice and give up things that I enjoy?

Once I started looking farther into it, my mind was blown by how many recipes there are using meat, dairy and egg alternatives. One thing that I have always loved and looked forward to is warm Sunday dinners. I love any opportunity to cook, especially when it's guilt-free cooking.

When people think of vegetarian or vegan food, they often get discouraged by the sound of it. However, vegan and vegetarian food can be just as good, if not better. Don't believe me? Give these recipes a try for your next Sunday dinner.

You may be surprised by how delicious and healthy vegetable-based eating can be. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Vegan Pot-roast

Nothing says warm Sunday dinner like a hearty pot-roast.

In a large crockpot, add:

-1 package of baby carrots

-1 can of corn

-1 package of Gardein Beefless Tips

-2 cups of diced Yukon potatoes

-1 can of vegetable broth, stir in flour for thickness

-1 diced garlic clove

-1/2 cup of diced onion

-1 cup Sliced baby bella mushrooms

Let simmer for 4-5 hours. Season to taste and serve with vegan buttered cornbread. Voila!

2. Vegan tacos

If you're as big of a taco lover as me—this one's for you.

On a tortilla (fried with a little vegetable oil over stove-top), spread:

- Refried beans (my favorite is Amy's vegetarian refried beans), warmed up

- Mixture of black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice.

-Top with salsa (my favorite is Tres Mentes) and sliced avocado.

Delicioso!

3. Chinese-style orange "chicken"

If you find yourself missing Chinese food as much as I do, this recipe will get you your fix!

Follow directions to make 1 package of Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n and serve over brown rice.

Easy-peasy!

4. Vegan fajitas

Over stove-top, sautee with a bit of vegetable oil and fajita seasoning packet:

-1 Red, yellow and orange bell pepper

-1/2 Sliced onion

-1 cup Sliced Portobello mushrooms

Serve on warmed tortilla and top with fresh cilantro and avocado slices.

If you are wanting to experiment with more delicious vegetarian recipes, Pinterest is a great place to start! There are tons of ideas and recipes to choose from.