A Definitive Ranking Of The Songs On The Trolls Soundtrack

My littlest brother got the Trolls soundtrack and a CD player for Christmas. Needless to say, we haven't stopped listening to the CD since he got it. I'm almost 21, and I know every word to every song on the Trolls soundtrack. Anyway...

The movie is actually really cute and has some decent people in it. Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake play the two main characters, and their animated chemistry is decent. Other big names like Gwen Stefani, Zooey Deschanel, Russel Brand and James Corden voice a few of the characters, too. Like I said, it's a cute movie, and the soundtrack fits it well! But on the hundredth listen through just the CD, I have a few opinions I'd like to voice.

With that being said, here's my official ranking of the songs from least listenable to almost decent:

13. "Hair Up"

This song bugs me to no end. Instead of saying "put your hands in the air," it says "put your hair in the air." WHY? I get it; it's a kid's movie and they're trying to be cute. Yes, trolls have tall hair.

But you know what else trolls have? HANDS. Please make this CD slightly more bearable to listen to and just... don't do stuff like that. I don't know why it bugs me, but it does.

12. "Hello"

Zooey Deschanel singing a Lionel Richie song is not something I thought I'd ever be subjected to, but here we are. This song is not one my favorites even when it's not being sung by Jess from New Girl, which earns it a spot at number 12.

11. "September"

Again, not one of my favorite songs to listen to in general, and it weirds me out to hear JT and Anna Kendrick sing it. It's cute in the movie, though, so it's not dead last.

10. "What U Workin' With?"

Oh boy, top ten. This song is an original by JT and Gwen Stefani-- not the best, but not the worst, either.

9. "I'm Comin' Out/ Mo' Money Mo' Problems"

This song is a stereotypical make-over scene. It fit well in the movie, so I'm giving it ninth place.

8. "They Don't Know"

Ariana Grande sings this song and, while I don't hate her voice, I can not understand a single word that woman says.

7. "True Colors"

This was a cute scene in the movie, so I dig this song. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't like it nearly as much.

6. "True Colors (Film Version)"

Wait... the other one wasn't the film version? I don't believe you, but alright.

They sound exactly the same. I didn't actually know there were two versions of this song on the soundtrack until I wrote this article.

5. "Move Your Feet/ D.A.N.C.E/ It's a Sunshine Day"

This is a cute little mashup! I find myself singing it all the time, usually against my will but it's fine. Not too bad, Trolls CD.

4. "Can't Stop The Feeling (Film Version)"

I love Anna Kendrick, but hearing she sings this song so gratingly that I just can't deal. It's a good song though, so I guess I'll give it fourth.

3. "Can't Stop The Feeling"

Oh look, another duplicate! This time, though, it's just JT. Good enough song but why, why why do we have to hear it twice?

Think of the parents and older siblings, Dreamworks.

2. "The Sound of Silence"

This is so high up for a few reasons:

1. This is just a great song in general.

2. This scene is hilarious. Really, it's not a bad movie.

1. "Get Back Up Again"

This is just Anna Kendrick, but it's super cute. It's got more musical theater aspects than the rest of the songs (probably why I like it, to be honest), and I find myself singing it all. the. time.

Well, there you have it folks; a definitive ranking of the songs on the Trolls CD. It's not all bad, but it's definitely not all good either. Take a listen... or don't.