A Definitive Ranking Of The Best Sitcoms

An incredibly biased view of the greatest sitcoms.

220

I am a sitcom junkie. I can spend hours binge-watching those quick half hour shows, all while laughing myself to tears in the process. I love the ridiculous jokes, the corny cliches, the beloved family-like characters, and the sometimes programmed laugh tracks. For a short time any day, you can find me sneaking whatever sitcom I’m currently watching in between classes, meetings, or hang outs. Sitcoms have a comforting factor to them, inviting audiences in for familiar characters and a quick laugh, and that’s one of the reasons why I love them so much.

So, without further ado, I introduce a definitive ranking of some of the best sitcoms out there. Keep in mind, this list is incredibly biased.

10. "Scrubs"

"Scrubs" was a quick, fun-loving show that poked fun at just about anything. It's humor was odd at times, but overall, the show provided great laughs in an unexpected setting.

9. "Boy Meets World"

"Boy Meets World" will always hold a special place in my heart. Perhaps this is because it accurately showed the pains of growing up and that somehow they were actually funny.

8. "Modern Family"

"Modern Family" was an instant hit the minute it premiered, and it continues to be. It showcases the different lives and personalities that make up a family as well as the ridiculousness that ensues. Every actor in this show is undeniably funny and brings something vital to the show.

7. "That '70s Show"

The reason "That '70s Show" is so appealing is for the setting of the show. Obviously things were different in the '70s, which makes this sitcom so refreshing. Whenever you're in need for a good laugh and something different, this is the show to check out.

6. "The Middle"

"The Middle" is a fantastic sitcom that has found its way into the hearts of families all over. And the reason for this? It is incredibly relatable. It shows the humor in daily family life, and while you may not want to admit it, it is possible to find yourself in one of the main characters.

5. "Friends"

"Friends" will always be a hit solely because of the cast. You grow to love and root for each individual member. While you may have a favorite, after watching several seasons, you'll find that each character owns a special section of your heart.

4. "Seinfeld"

"Seinfeld" is a classic, and there is no point in arguing with that. It is a pop culture phenomenon with original jokes that have wormed their way into other shows and daily life conversations. The four crazy characters have ridiculous personalities, so much so that they're hard to turn away from.

3. "Parks and Recreation"

"Parks and Recreation" is home to the lovable Leslie Knope and co. This show masters the art of comedy without being mean. With the exception of Jerry, the characters in the show are genuinely kind to each other, and jokes aren't made from being cruel to one another. This is rare to find in comedy in general.

2. "30 Rock"

"30 Rock" is a dynamic powerhouse of a sitcom. From an impeccable lineup of guest stars to the entire premise of a show within a show, this sitcom stands out amongst others.

1. "The Office"

"The Office" is home to a group of lovable characters who take part in ridiculous antics. While many argue that the show centers around boss Michael Scott, it truly is more than just him. The documentary format brought something new and personal to the various stories the show delivered to audiences. It is, without a doubt in my mind, an incredible, heart-warming, hilarious success of a sitcom.