A Definitive Ranking of the Songs On Ed Sheeran's New Album

Could also be titled: I used the word adorable way too much to describe all these songs.

101
Youtube

IT"S FINALLY HERE! After three years, Ed Sheeran finally released another album. Divide came out on March 3rd 2017, and it's just as amazing as expected. The album includes songs that talk about everything from heartbreak to fame to the (adorable) relationship of Ed Sheeran's grandparents. In case you're not sure where to start, here's a ranking of all the songs on the album from worst to best (along with their best lines):

16. Supermarket Flowers

Okay, it's not really fair for me to put this song last on the list because I didn't actually listen to it. I listened to the first minute and realized that if I kept going I would start bawling, so I just switched songs. Sorry, Ed.

^Ed's face when he realizes I'm judging a song without actually having listened to it.

15. Perfect

I never thought I would be able to say this about a song, but Perfect is just a little too cute and a little too sentimental for me (it feels slightly too unrealistic to my cynical bitter heart-just kidding. Kind of. ).

Best line: "Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know/ she shares my dreams, I hope someday I'll share her home"

The song is almost as cute as this GIF.

14. Barcelona

I really wanted to like this song, I just think it was too cliche.

Best line: "I've got two left feet and a bottle of red wine/ making me feel like the beat and the bassline are in my blood, both hands up on her waistline"

13. Hearts Don't Break Around Here

This song was one of those songs that's cute and has nothing technically wrong with it, it just didn't speak to me.

Best Line: "Took my heart on a one way trip/ guess she went wandering off with it/ unlike most women I know/ this one will bring it back whole"

Another cute song calls for another cute Ed Sheeran GIF.

12. How Would You Feel (Paean)

Yeah, too sentimental again.

Best line: "How would you feel if I told you I loved you?/ It's just something I want to do"

11. Eraser

This was one of those songs about life still being difficult for celebrities even though they achieved their dreams. It reminded me of Taylor Swift's "The Lucky One" but (dare I say it?) not as well done.

Best line: "I chased the picture perfect life, I think they painted it wrong"

Since they're besties, I feel like Ed wouldn't mind that I think Swift had a better song concerning the same subject.

10. Dive

I don't have a lot to say about this song, except that it's beautiful and adorable. Just listen to it.

Best line: "So don't call me baby unless you mean it/ Don't tell me you need me, if you don't believe it"

9. Save Myself

This song is sad, but talks about the need to help yourself and make sure you're okay before helping others. Worth listening to, even if it might make you cry.

Best line: "Oh I'm here again, between the devil and the danger/ But I guess it's just my nature"

Here's a GIF of Ed with a dog to make you feel happier after listening to this.

8. Bibia Be Ye Ye

The title apparently means 'everything will be all right.

Best line: "Someone told me, always say what's on your mind/ And I am only, being honest with you, I I get lonely/ And make mistakes from time to time
Se enioma enko ye (if thing's aren't going well)/ Bibia Be Ye Ye"

7. New Man

I didn't like this song at first because I thought it was just Ed complaining about his ex's new boyfriend (which the first part kind of is). But if you listen to the rest of it, he directly addresses his ex and tells her to stop calling him and telling him about the problems she has with her new boyfriend (she seems like kind of a jerk, not going to lie). You tell them, Ed.

6. Shape of You

It's catchy and adorable. The only problem with this song is that (despite the fact the album's been out for three days) it's already overplayed on the radio.

Best line: " We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour/ And how your family is doing okay/ Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
/ Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like..."

5. What Do I Know?

I think this song is the closest Sheeran's going to come to adressing politics.

Best line: "The revolution's coming, it's a minute away/ I saw people marching in the streets today/ You know we are made up of love and hate/ But both of them are balanced on a razor blade"

4. Nancy Mulligan

This song is ADORABLE. It sounds like it's straight out of the 1940s, it's super Irish/folksy, and it tells the story of Ed Sheeran's super cute grandparents. Relationship goals.

Best line: "From her snow white streak in her jet black hair/ Over sixty years I've been loving her/ Now we're sat by the fire, in our old armchairs/ You know Nancy I adore ya"

3. Castle On The Hill

This song takes me right back to high school. It perfectly captures the feeling of the nights when we drove aimlessly around at night with our friends.

Best line: "And I miss the way you make me feel"

2. Happier

I listened to happier because I thought it would be happy. It was not. It was, however, still beautiful.

Best line: "Cause baby you look happier, you do/ My friends told me one day I'll feel it too/ And until then I'll smile to hide the truth/ But I know I was happier with you"

1. Galway Girl

I knew this song was going to be my favorite five seconds in. It's impossible not to smile and want to dance while listening to it. I could talk about it forever, but just go listen, okay?

Best line: "She played the fiddle in an Irish band/ but she fell in love with an English man"