A Definitive Ranking of EVERY Hilary Duff Movie

This is what dreams are made of

220

One of the most intense group chat conversations I've ever had occured one day over summer break after I innocently asked my friends which Hilary Duff movie I should pick to watch that night. My question sparked a heated debate between three of my friends over what was truly the magnum opus of Duff filmography. How was it even possible to choose between the bubbly perfection of "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" and the heartbreaking sentimentality of "Raise Your Voice"? Insults were thrown! Exclamation points and angry emojis were flying everywhere!

As a girl born in the 90s, I definitely understand the cultural importance of Hilary Duff. Hilary was my biggest role model throughout elementary/middle school. I had all her CDs, DVDs, and posters ripped from the pages of Bop! and Tiger Beat. To this day I am proud to say that my very first concert was her spectacular 2005 "Wake Up Tour." That's why I feel as if I am fully qualified to finally settle one of the biggest questions of our generation: Which Hilary Duff movie is truly the best?

13. "Foodfight!" (2012)

Not even the Duff could rescue this disaster of a film. "Foodfight!" features Hilary as a creepy cat-person named Sunshine who needs to be rescued by Charlie Sheen in the role of an insufferable dog detective. Definitely, skip it!

12. "Beauty & The Briefcase" (2010)

A pretty forgettable romantic comedy that wouldn't be out of place as part of a Lifetime movie marathon.

11. "The Perfect Man" (2005)

Another similarly cheesy rom com, but the relationship between Hilary's character and her younger sister give it an extra boost of charm that was lacking with "Beauty and The Briefcase."

10. "War, Inc." (2008)

What do former Disney idols do when they want to shed their good-girl image? Perform a very um..suggestive scene with a live scorpion in a movie satire of Turkey's political system!

9. "Cheaper By The Dozen 2" (2005)

While this is a decent sequel with some quality humor and gags from Steve Martin and some of the younger kids, Hilary is definitely underused and gets lost among the giant cast.

8. "Material Girls" (2006)

This film was hyped up as the first time real-life sisters, Hilary and Haylie Duff would appear together on screen. In a weird coincidence, the same year "Material Girls" was released a second pair of Disney Channel sisters, Aly and AJ Michalka, came out with "Cow Belles," another flick about two privileged siblings who lose their fortune. "Cow Belles" proves to be the better choice due mostly to the sibs much more natural chemistry.

7. "Cheaper By The Dozen" (2003)

Hilary expertly steps out of her usual girl-next-door role to play the superficial, ditzy teenage sister in this fun family comedy that also features tons of other mid 2000s icons like Ashton Kutcher and Alyson Stoner.

6. Agent Cody Banks (2003)

Was there anyone more suave to our pre-teen hearts than Frankie Muniz as super secret agent Cody Banks? Cody had CIA gadgets, confidential nuclear weapons knowledge and he could skateboard. We were all a little jealous of Hilary's character Natalie for getting to ride off on the back of his motorcycle.

5. Casper Meets Wendy (1998)

Controversial opinion: "Casper Meets Wendy" is a better Halloween TV movie than "Halloweentown". Even in her very first role, Hilary demonstrates her star power, acting as an adorable witch alongside her CGI ghost co-star.

4. "Cadet Kelly" (2002)

The film that made even drill team look cool! Even though she got sent to military academy we all wished we could be a little more like the artistic, free-spirited Kelly. I mean, she was this close to *Nsync! "Cadet Kelly" also has the added bonus of having not one but two Disney Golden Girls, co-staring Kim Possible/Ren Stevens herself (Christy Carlson Romano) in the memorable role of Kelly's arch-nemesis drill sergeant. If you somehow missed out on this DCOM gem growing up don't fear, it's available to stream for free on Netflix!

3. Raise Your Voice (2004)

Hilary delivers in her first "serious" role about a grieving girl attending a performance art school after her older brother dies in a car accident. This film also features the gorgeous song "Someone's Watching Over Me" which was featured on Hilary's second full-length album.

2. "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" (2003)

Finally bringing Duff's star making TV role to the big screen, "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" gave us unrealistic expectations that eighth grade graduation would involve traveling to Italy and becoming an internal pop star. Hilary completely shines in the film. She gets to showcase her triple threat acting, singing, and dancing skills, and also takes on the added challenge of playing both the role of Lizzie and her famous Italian lookalike Isabella!

1. "A Cinderella Story" (2004)

How do you make Cinderella exciting when we've all heard the tale a million times before? Add in rollerblading diner workers, car wash shenanigans, gorgeous Masquerade Ball costumes, and miracle drought-ending rain! This movie has absolutely everything to make it the perfect teen fantasy flick. It's been years since I first saw "A Cinderella Story" in theaters with my second grade best friend, and even today it still holds up as an utterly magical fairytale.