A Definitive List Of Why Fall Is The Best Season

Shaving your legs is completely unnecessary.

6
pexels.com

1. Red hair dye.

Obviously you can dye your hair any color you want anytime but there is just something about those auburn and red tones in the fall that make you look like the fall goddess you are.

2. Scarves.

We have been waiting all spring and summer to bring back the infinity scarves that manage to take a mediocre outfit to an amazing outfit. They also are great at hiding stains and collecting food for later (you never know).

3. Cozy fires.

There is something about the crackling of a fire place, isn't there?

4. All of the blankets.

Is it just me that has an obsession with buying blankets every time they go on sale at Fred Meyer? Well now we can put them to good use.

5. A constant flow of coffee and tea that never causes you to overheat.

YASS HOT DRINKS ARE BACK.

6. Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, haunted houses.

Romantic date ideas, friend date ideas, alone date ideas. They are just automatically built into the season and the timing is only once a year.

7. Falling leaves.

It's like falling glitter or something. Plus, the bed of leaves essentially creates a red carpet so you can be fabulous all the time.

8. Photo ops.

Fall really does come with so many photo opportunities so your Instagram feed can be straight fire. Photos at the pumpkin patch, photos in Halloween costumes, photos with the leaves, photos with your carved pumpkins, photos with your tea and cozy socks. The list goes on.

9. Cuddling.

Need I say more? Arguably the best time of year for cuddling.

10. Fall baking.

Can you say pumpkin pie, maple cookies, and caramel corn??

12. New clothes and school supplies. New EVERYTHING.

I get my most, unreasonably, childlike excited when I get to go back to school shopping. Yes, my school is online, but a girl can never have too many pairs of comfy sweats for lounging and corduroy skirts for her trips to the grocery store. I also get oddly OCD about the coordination of the school supplies I rarely use. Who can say no to gold glittery notebooks and pencils with sayings on them though?

13. You can literally and figuratively "turn over a new leaf."

Wow, punny. Truly though, fall is such an amazing time to just start over, it's truly the beginning of a lot of things and I think it is better than New Years. Who can make meaningful resolutions after a drunken night in a sparkly dress anyways? I prefer to make fall resolutions.

14. Reading.

In the summer we are often busy being outside and running from one thing to the next so reading gets pushed by the wayside. Fall is a time when we can remember to pull out that book and enjoy it with our coffee, crackling fire and cozy blankets.

15. Fall scented candles.

When I take a trip to "Bath and Body Works" I always migrate towards the fall leaf, pumpkin pie, bourbon cupcake, apple cinnamon candles. There is a specific time of year when these are appropriate to burn (let's ignore the fact that I stock up and burn all year round.)

16. A sweater and leggings are an entire outfit.

Pull out your comfy leggings and your comfy sweater and just be comfortable and stop worrying about your shorts chafing your thighs and your bathing suit making your whole shirt wet and just indulge in the fact that you can basically wear your bed out of the house now. *rant over*

17. Thanksgiving.

Food. Family. Food. Leftovers. Food.

18. Boots.

UGG boots, ankle boots, riding boots, all of the boots.

19. Crock pot meals.

The easiest of all the meals and they make your house smell good for days.

20. A universally flattering color pallet.

Not everyone looks good in flashy summer colors like yellow and orange and pink. EVERYONE looks good in maroon and navy and forest green.

21. Fresh, crisp air.

Fall comes with wind and that amazing feeling filling our lungs with freshness.

22. Apple cider, apple crisp, caramel apples, apples, apples, apples!

Everything is better with apples.

23. Cuddling with your animal doesn't make you too hot.

Animal cuddles really aren't as great when every party involved is sweaty and the fur sticks to your skin.

24. Your makeup is done melting off so bold colors and daring looks are back.

RED LIPS, PLUM LIPS, GOLD SPARKLY EYES, CAT EYES FOREVER.

25. Halloween costumes!!!

My favorites this year include mermaids, pregnant avocados, galaxy girls, and any fruit.

26. You can't have too many layers.

Layers= cute outfits and never ending warmth. Now we can layer as much as we want.

27. Fall dates are the best dates.

The haunted corn maze is such a good excuse to cuddle up to your crush. Carving pumpkins can inspire some healthy competition. Apple picking is to die for because you might need a boost to reach the highest apples.

28. Shaving your legs is so unnecessary.

You are about to go into hibernation where shorts are never worn. Even if you wear a dress tights are totally okay. This results in not needing to shave your legs basically until spring. Save money, save time, live better.