A Decade in Passing

A Decade in Passing

Memories don't fade away.

2
A Decade in Passing
dreamstime

People touch each other’s lives in different ways and I believe everybody always recollects the good memories. I would like to tell you all a small story about how a person got back in touch with few friends after almost a decade. Everyone is living busy lives and we hardly seem to notice the impact that we make with people in our relationships.

This person met some wonderful kids when he was in his late teens. They all stayed in a boarding school away from parents and family. The days spent in school were one of the most wonderful moments spent in his life. These kids were so young and bright. He was a senior in school. These kids looked up to him so much. The innocence and gentle nature of these kids was so #beautiful and it gave him joy interacting with them. He used to treat them as his own little brothers and sisters and they reciprocated the same.

After a decade, he got in touch with a few of these kids and they were so happy that they still remember him. Most often, we do not try to establish a connection with old friends in today’s busy world. The happiness he felt when they remembered him was overwhelming. Some bonds are made for a lifetime. People change during their childhood to adolescent age. But, these wonderful kids still remembered him. They hadn’t changed much and still cherish their brief and special relationship. He wonders how these kids have grown up and still remembers seeing them so young and cute. Some folks say that relationships grow through the ages and flourishes thereafter. That is so true and reconnecting too old friends brings joy and happiness.

I would like to quote “Love captures us in a moment and changes us forever”. It makes me feel we need to stay in touch and recollect the beautiful memories of our childhood. Make good friends and retain them for a lifetime. Try and reach out to your close friends in any way possible. If you are reading this article and are thinking about some good old friend that you haven’t been in touch with, I urge you to get in touch with them. I would like to dedicate this article to all the #wonderful and special friends that I met during my lifetime. Change the negatives in your lives and stay positive always. Take care!