Dear Mom and Dad, Thank You

Dear Mom and Dad, Thank You

580
Dear Mom and Dad, Thank You
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/18/6364917337648588761506944944_IMG_5960.jpg

As we get older and older, we start to appreciate things more than we used to. After 20 years on this earth, I've realized who and what is most important to me. It's important to be aware of the people who are always there for us, help us when we need it, and provide us with love consistently. As I continue to go about my daily life, I realize I owe everything I am and where I am today to two people: Mom and Dad.

Dear Mom,

Thank you for the endless love you give me everyday. Thank you for being completely self-less and always putting your children first. Thank you for raising me to be conscious of others feelings and emotions. Thank you for working your tail off to provide for our family. Thank you for accepting me for the person I am, even when you don't agree with some of the decisions I make or things I do. Thank you for forgiving me for the mistakes I've made even when they disappoint and hurt you. Thank you for making me out to be exactly like you - high maintenance and all. Thank you for being my best friend, my role model and the one I go to for every situation in life.

Dear Dad,

Thank you for the life you've provided for me. Thank you for teaching me that every situation I go through isn't as serious as people make it out to be. Thank you for showing me not just love, but tough love. Thank you for the education I have been able to receive, even when we all know it's not the cheapest. Thank you for visiting me in Indy and our pizza dates. Thank you for showing me that no matter how many hard times we go through in life, we can always find our way back to ourselves, our families, and who we're supposed to be. Thank you for being not only my father, but someone I can ask for advice and look up to.

I owe my parents everything. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today.

SO, thank you. Thank you for being who you are and turning me into the woman I am today. I only hope one day I can give you back everything you've given to me.