Dear Mr. Wrong

Dear Mr. Wrong

Because of you I found my Mr. Right so thank you

6
Dear Mr. Wrong
Alexandria Logue

Dear Mr. Wrong,

I spent three years of my life with you and even though some of it was good the rest was horrible. You took three years of my life and in the end I was left for another girl. Everything was good in the beginning but it slowly got worse. I had a chance to leave and I was going to but I was young and naive. I stayed and things were still rough but I got pregnant. I knew then it wasn't about me anymore, it was about my child.

My whole entire pregnancy was miserable because you chose drugs over me. You chose drugs over our son and you chose it over getting a job. I struggled getting through that pregnancy because I had to work to be able to provide for myself but you found a way to make sure you were taken care of. Of course some people said I was stupid for staying with you and as they read this they will probably say "I wouldn't stay" but you weren't in my shoes. You weren't broke, pregnant, and no where to go. I just had to remember that my child and I were going to get out of that rut no matter what it took.

Once our son was finally here you did try to change but that didn't last long. You still chose drugs over us. You still didn't have a job and your family didn't help. I couldn't deal with the emotional abuse or you not helping so I finally left. It was a great feeling but I was still struggling. I was doing everything I could to make sure my son had a better life than I did. But you somehow found a way back in so we gave it another shot.

You somewhat got your act together by getting a job but you were worried about having enough money for drugs instead of rent, gas, utilities, and our son. After a few more months of physical and emotional abuse you left and I was free. I was happy but sad at the same time because I was still willing to do everything for you. I honestly don't know why but I still helped you even when you were playing me. You finally made your decision and chose another girl but I found out you were seeing her while you were still with me. Jokes on me I guess because for some reason everyone loved the fact that you were with her. I bet it felt good to cheat on me with her but I wanna thank you for that because it finally opened my eyes and made me realize what kind of person you were.

I won't lie it was difficult when you left because you left me to pay the bills and take care of our son on my own. I was angry with you and even more angry when you brought another girl around our son without talking to me about it first. You ignored my feelings about it and wasn't worried about our son at all. You started partying and doing God knows what with her and her friends. I knew that I didn't need to let our son stay with you. He was better of with me and still is. I went through more and more difficult things and you didn't help. You made things worse by verbally abusing me every chance you got. But I made it through the storm and got everything I needed. I met the man I knew would be my husband and an amazing father figure to our son.

You hated it and you tried to destroy it with your lies and hateful words but we wouldn't let you tear us down. It was pathetic because I didn't do that to you and I didn't try to destroy your relationship. When I got married and decided to move you thought you were going to stop me. You even tried to tell me that I wasn't going anywhere like you owned me but I was not going to let you stand in the way of my happiness. I moved away with our son and it was the best decision because you started making more and more mistakes. You lost multiple jobs, got arrested more than once, and wasn't doing anything to correct these mistakes.

You even started to talk less and less to our son and your excuse was you didn't know what to say to me. That night you made it on the news for getting arrested for drugs I was embarrassed because people started telling me that you did drugs in front of our son. I don't know how true this is because you haven't seen or talked to our son in over a year. I was hurt though because now I have no clue what really went on when our son was with you. You didn't protect him from horrible things like that so therefore you're not a parent. You exposed him to things he should never see or hear.

I get called the bad parent because I ''keep our son from you'' but how am I horrible for protecting him? I've done everything for our son and I still do everything for him while you do nothing but verbally assault me every chance you get. I got the insurance for our son along with food, clothes, diapers, wipes, roof over his head, and a babysitter. You didn't help with any of this and if you did you complained about it.

But after all of this I just want to thank you because I found my Mr. Right and realized you were Mr. Wrong. After all you put me through I should despise you but you made me stronger. The battle is still going on because of your selfishness but I know it will be over soon and when it is I hope you realize the only bad person here is you. I want all girls to know that Mr. Right is out there and I know this because I'm living proof of finding him.