Dear...

Dear teacher that I used to love,

I used to love going to your classes in elementary school.

I used to love the after school activities that you would have.

I used to love coming over spending the night (since I became friends with your daughter).

I loved all the new things everyone introduced me to.

I loved how you would let me stay for a week because the snow wouldn't stop.

But somehow that all began to change...due to one little incident.

It was a misunderstanding, but how it was dealt with at the beginning was not right.

Calling out a high schooler when your the adult also is not the right way

Calling them out on social media is never the right way to deal with things, no matter the situation.

It hurt me that you felt that way about me, and the things that were said on that post hurt.

So when you apologized to me one day about it, and then asking me to come and join an activity like nothing ever happened.

At that time I couldn't forgive because I was still hurt and angry by everything that happened.

From that post it told me how you felt about me, over something that was miscommunicated. But because we had slightly different views on things that worsened things in my opinion.

Sure did I comment on somethings saying my opinion on things? Yes. But it was just to bring in information that most people didn't fully understand, not to bring you down.

Now today if I see you in public sometimes we say hi, but not so much anymore.

I see on social media that you comment on other students accomplishments in school or in life.

But whenever I post something about my life, or an article I get nothing. And honestly, it hurts a lot.

I would think I would at least get a like, but honestly I feel that anything I post doesn't even get looked at.

I have moved passed that post. The hurt is still there though.

Sincerely,

Your former elementary school student