I Will Always Support Taylor Swift No Matter What

No matter what the press may say or what my friends say, I will always be by your side.

18
Jordyn Stupp

If you know me at all, you know that it would only be a short period of time before I wrote something about Taylor Swift. I am not just a "Swiftie," I believe I am more than that because I have stuck by her side no matter what is going on in the press about her. Whether it be her "lying" about Kayne West's song (I believe she never lied, but that is besides the point) or when she got the Anna Wintour hair cut (which I of course thought she looked great with), I never cared. I always was her No. 1 fan, and I promise you I always will be. So Here it is; A Letter of Appreciation to Taylor Swift.

Dear Taylor,

From the moment I saw your "Teardrops on my Guitar" music video on Disney Channel when I was much younger, I knew I found the person that will make me love music. Your music can get me through anything. It got me through the terrifying transition from elementary school to middle school to high school to college, it got me through the times when I had the biggest crush on somebody and they didn't feel the same way, it got me through my parents' divorce, and it still gets me through the everyday nuisances of life.

If I am angry at someone and just want to get the tears out, you can find me listening to "You're Not Sorry" from your "Fearless" album. Or if I just want to dance and sing, with friends or even alone, you will find me jamming out to "Shake it Off." My senior year yearbook quote was even "Shake It Off," because your words from that song got me through the last year of high school. I felt it was only right to honor you in my senior year yearbook because it commemorates my entire high school experience and you were a huge part of that.

I will always remember and cherish the first time I saw you sing live as well. It was the "Fearless Tour" at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Being in your presence, even though there were also 18,000 other people there, I felt so alive and free. Your music just puts a smile on my face. 7 Concerts later, and I still have that same feeling I did the first time I saw you. I cry, I scream, and I then can't stop talking about it for days.

Then there was the day my mother met you and got a video of you saying hi to me. Your words were exactly, "Hey Jordyn, It's Taylor!" I can't thank you enough for taking those few seconds of your time for me. I can turn that video on at any second of any day and it will instantly brighten my mood, and also probably make me cry, because what is new.

I will always stick up for you Taylor, not that you need anyone to do that, but if you do I am here. You have been there for me without even knowing it; it is the least I can do for you if there is someone out there who doesn't understand the love and support you give your fans.

I know the day when we will meet will come. Who knows if it will be in one day from now, one year from now, or even 10 years from now. I know that day will be perfect and I know you will see the complete adoration I have for you and your music. I apologize now for the endless stream of happy tears that will be pouring down my face as we meet. I will try to get me words out between my sobs of joy.

Thank you Taylor, for continuing to make music and lightening up my days and every day for every fan of yours out there. Thank you for putting a smile on my face when I need it most and just thank you for being you.

I will always be your No. 1 fan and hopefully one day your best friend.

Love,

Jordyn Stupp