Dear Oceans I’m Sorry

We Owe The Oceans An Apology, For All The Neglect And Ignorance We Throw At Them

I'm so sorry.

204

Dear Ocean,

I'm sorry for all the harm that we have done to you.

I'm sorry for all the shit that we have put into you.

I'm sorry that nobody seems to really care about you.

I wish I could do so much to save you.

I want my kids to be able to swim in you.

I want to be able to experience a beautiful reef.

It's so sad to see all the beautiful animals that live within you hurting so much.

Oceans is there anything we more we can do I'll do anything.

Please don't die on us — we won't be able to survive without you.

Oceans I'm so sorry . . .

Did you know that ocean pollution affects more than 817 animal populations?

According to a study done by the University of Georgia, 18 billion pounds of plastic trash winds up in our oceans each year. To put that in perspective, it's enough trash to cover every foot of coastline around the world with five full trash bags of plastic, compounding every year.

Approximately every square mile of ocean has more than 45,000 pieces of plastic floating in it.

The reefs are dying at an alarming rate. By 2050, reefs could become nonexistent. If you think the reefs are all bright and beautiful like the movies, then you are all wrong. They are lifeless. They are suffering. They need our attention and care. The rest of the ocean life can use our help as well. We need to do more than just opting out of using plastic straws for our drinks.

We are killing our ocean.

Do you really want to be part of the generation that kills the ocean? Well, do your part. Here are some ways to help save our beloved oceans:

Stop using plastic

For example, bring your own reusable bags next time you buy some groceries, or use glass containers for food storage.

Stop using chemicals

Did you know that the normal sunscreen sold at most stores is one of the most harmful chemicals to oceans? Find eco-friendly options!

Research more effective approaches

There are tons of ways to follow when it comes to cleaning up our oceans. Setting aside some time to educate yourself won't hurt. This will pay off in the long run!

Take an hour out of your day to pledge to save the oceans and watch this amazing video that shows you the real harm we are doing to the oceans as well as the importance of making better choices.