Dear 'Not-So-Best-Friend'

Dear 'Not-So-Best-Friend'

Thank you for sticking by my side through middle school awkward stages and graphic tees

4
Dear 'Not-So-Best-Friend'
Katlein McClellan

I remember the days when you were the first person I spoke to in the morning and the last at night. Nothing was off limits to us and our bond was unbreakable. But as time ticked on, we began to grow apart, not because we chose to, it was simply the paths our lives took. Although I may not possess the "best friend" title in your heart anymore, I do want to thank you for the many best friend moments we shared. I remember the days when you were the first person I spoke to in the morning and the last at night.

Nothing was off limits to us and our bond was unbreakable. But as time ticked on, we began to grow apart, not because we chose to, it was simply the paths our lives took. Although I may not possess the "best friend" title in your heart anymore, I do want to thank you for the many best friend moments we shared.

Thank you for sticking by my side through the awkward middle school stages and graphic tees. I know I was a mess and utterly embarrassing at times, you’re a saint for sticking by my side. Thank you for holding me tight when the first boy broke my heart in seventh grade, boys still have cooties by the way. Thank you for wearing matching outfits with me to show off to our friends how cool we were. Thank you for making your house welcome to me at all times, and leaving a space for me in your bed for me to cuddle with you. Your family will always feel like they are mine as well, and I will always cherish that.

Thank you for being my go-to person with the good news, as well as with the bad. Thank you for helping me figure out the world of makeup, it is because of you that I don't look like a circus clown to this day. Thank you for taking all of life's adventures with me and laughing every step of the way. Thank you for not cringing too much when you first stepped into a car with me and lying by saying my driving was good, even though we all know it was horrid.

Thank you for calling me out on slacking and encouraging me to reach my best potential. I know at times I was stubborn as a bull, but you held onto those horns and helped me succeed. Thank you for taking care of me after parties and not being too embarrassed by my actions, only putting them on your snap chat story to make fun of me the next morning. Thank you for being as excited as I was as for each college acceptance letter that came and not looking too sad that we may be separated for the first time in seven years.

Although we have now grown apart and I talk to you once every few weeks instead of every day, I just want you to know my love for you will never stop. We have both grown into beautiful, independent young women with the help of each other. No matter where life takes us and how far we may venture apart, you'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Love Always,

Your "Not-So-Best-Friend"